Honesty

Dee pov

"I honestly can't wait to come back but it hurts to leave you know? All the memories I had with Tyrone was here but you're in Cali. It just kills me because he was supposed to visit during thanksgiving and winter break and y'all were supposed to meet and I feel like y'all would have vibed because both of y'all have good vibes" I vented. I was on face time with Roddy

"Damn I'm sorry shorty you just got to look on the bright side. He in a better place and his soul is free" he said making me feel better. Roddy really has a way with words. He always speaks from his heart and even though some of the things he says are harsh there is still some truth to it cause he's not the type of person to lie and when I'm in my moods he always knows the right things to say.

"DeeDee it's time to eat" Tavon said barging in the room.

"Can you knock?" I questioned and he knocked on the door that was already open.

"We all waiting for you girl come on" he said leaving

"Who the fuck is him?" Roddy questioned

"That's Tavon he's Tyrone's older brother" I said

"I don't like the way he speaking to you say the word and I'll come over there and beat his ass" Roddy said and I laughed.

"Be forreal. You know he box right?"

"Shiiiddd I box too the fuck. Don't play me Dee like I'm some scary ass nigga" He said getting serious

"I'm not I swear but I do gotta go tho I'ma speak to you later baby daddy" I said making him crack a smile.

"Alright I love you baby moms" he said

"I love you too.. peace" I said throwing up the peace sign and he continued to smile and I hung up.

Once I got downstairs I ate and we had a family day. We played some board games like monopoly and my father won like always and then we watched some movies.

The funeral was earlier this morning and everyone was so emotional. I never saw my dad cry as hard as he did. I tried to remain strong and not cry too cause I was gonna sing heaven couldn't wait for you by Beyoncé but I literally couldn't cause I couldn't stop crying. We were leaving tomorrow so that's why we was doing this little family day to get everybody out their feelings and I truly needed it. It kept my mind off of Tyrone and it was a good distraction.

I was debating on wether or not I should tell Roddy that me and Tavon kissed and I decided that I should because if I didn't then that meant that it meant something and I know that the truth always comes to light. They were coming to Cali for thanksgiving and the way Tavon is I decided that it would be better if it came from me rather then anybody else.
.
We had just got back from the airport and I was getting ready because Roddy was on his way to pick me up and we was going to chill.

"Waspopin shorty" he said as soon as I hopped in his car.

"A lot" I said sighing

"What about you tho?" I questioned

"What you mean by a lot? What happened you wanna talk about it?" He said and he seemed genuinely interested.

"Yeah but later tho. I'm just thinking right now"

"What you thinking about Dee? Are you good?"

"Can we talk about it later?"

"Yeah we can. How soon is later tho put a time on it"

"When we get to your apartment. Is Chris and Nomi there?" I questioned

"Yeah we was all chilling but I'll kick their asses out if what you got to say is important" he said