11 / Beard

Day - 72

It was indeed the rainy season and as if the God had spared them once again, they found a warm shelter. They had gotten closer but used most of their time roasting each other like they knew each other their whole life.

The rain was pouring outside and surprisingly they found a knife in the house. They have confirmed that a civilized man did live there before they did and their only guess is either he is stranded on the island just like them and escaped or died, or that there is a village nearby and someone came by a boat and rest there. But who would rest on the island, unless that is they are an insider or an explorer.

"C-careful you will h-hurt me", Wooyoung stutter through gritted teeth and carefully put his hands on the hand that was holding the knife in his face.

"You told me to do this, so just sit down and wait until I finish my work", Hyejoo shake away his hands and position the knife again and slightly touch his skin.

"Maybe this is a wrong idea, I dont want to die yet. I change my mind"

"Too late"

"Ahhhh"

Hyejoo sigh and grab his face before shaving Wooyoung's beard with the knife. It didnt go exactly as they planned since it didnt work but she sure managed to cut off some hair.

"Be patient, you're almost handsome again", Wooyoung scoff and was almost close to tickling her side but remembered the girl was holding a knife and stop his hand in mid air.

"I'm handsome even with beard"

"Yeah right sure you are"

"Is that sarcasm I here?"

"You didnt hear anything"

Before Wooyoung's face was covered in blood and scars, they decided to stop shaving him.

"Do you think there is matches around here somewhere? Whoever lived here must've probably left it", Hyejoo ask out of curiousity and glance around the small room.

"Maybe, I'll try looking for it later. Go and sleep, you've been dozing off while shaving my beard"

"I didnt..."

Wooyoung pull her by force and made her sleep in his laps. There was not even the time to blush as Hyejoo could sense the sleepiness thats bugging her all morning. She couldnt sleep the night before because she was feeling homesick and cried all night, hence resulted in her puffy eyes the next morning.

His massage on her sculp made her drift off faster than she realized leaving Wooyoung to wander by himself. He carefully replaced his lap with the pillow they made by themselves and look around like he promised.

"Theres got to be matches", he whispered and dig near where the ashes were, up on the man-made shelf  and even around the edges of the house. "Maybe it isnt there", he give up and sit near the window, looking outside and think to himself. Maybe it isnt so bad being stranded, atleast it was with you. He was tired of his idol life to be honest, the stress as being famous was killing him, he couldnt do anything. He was like a puppet played by his fans to be whatever they want him to be. On the other hand he has his pride too which was fighting back the feeling of being toyed around and that stressed him out.

"How long was I out?", Hyejoo mumbled after waking up and sit next to Wooyoung.

"Not for long"

"That explains why I'm still sleepy"

"Do you want to go out? You've been stucked inside since you sprained your ankle. You probably missed going outside"

"Eventhough I didnt missed outside at all, I'll take it as you want to go out so let me assist you"

Wooyoung scoff but help her up anyway.

The rain had stop but the ground was wet and very slippery that Hyejoo had to hold his arms and walk slowly with him.

The weather after the rain was a beautiful sight in the island. There were rainbows above the trees and the flowers were blooming impressively.

"Do you want to talk about it?", Hyejoo ask after walking around aimlessly together.

"About what?", he ask confusely while looking ahead.

"About what you were thinking? You've been frowning all the time"

Wooyoung stopped walking and turn his body fully towards her.

"Call me selfish but apart of me is glad that we are somehow stuck on this island"

"Why?"

"Being an idol gives me a lot of anxiety and there are so many times I wanted to give up. I acted confidence and brave but deep down my heart is aching and just wanted to live my life freely".

Hyejoo find herself very much similar with his situation. About how she became her parents puppet since she was born. She never got to play around with children her age, never get to learn the subjects she wanted in highschool, doesnt get the boyfriend her own choice.

She brought her hand to his face, ignoring the tingling sensation given by the beard on his face.

"You are not alone"

She whisper and smile at him. He close his eyes and open them to see the girl giving him the hope he has always been yearning for. And so he lean in...