18 / Gunshot

Day - 94

"You heard it too right?"

"Heard what?"

"The gunshot?"

"Gu...wait where are you going Wooyoung?"

Wooyoung arrange the fruits hurriedly and fixed his dress before walking towards the door. Hyejoo stopped him before he could step out and stood in front of him.

"The beast ran away because there was a gunshot. Someone else is on the island"

"Wait...listen to me Wooyoung. You cant just act upon your assumption!"

"I'm not assuming...I heard it okay! Look Hyejoo, I know you want to get away from this island. So do I. And I'm gonna find whoever shot the gun. He cant be far"

"But...it could be a bad guy...and..."

Wooyoung sigh and close the door back. She was right at some point. They wanted to escape the island so bad that he was kind of acting pass the necessary.

"Lets act after thinking properly"

He nodded and sit back down. The girl prepare the fruits and they sit in silent, leaning on to each other as he snuggle upon her necks. She laugh lightly, half ticklish and half warm-hearted.

"If we ever gets back, will you marry that guy?"

He didnt look up but she was looking down and her lips tremble in fear. Ofcourse she did like Tony but she wasnt so sure anymore.

"I wont marry so soon after going through all these. What about you? Will you go back to your idol life?"

Wooyoung look up this time and hug the girl's waist, pulling her closer.

"I bet no one even remember me now. They'll feel pity for me for the past few months but after everything else that happened, I'll already be forgotten. Thats the harsh truth about my reality, my idol life"

She felt bad for him. Atleast she can do what she love other than the fact that she was being watched by her parents especially her father. Atleast she has the freedom without having to worry about what people think of her.

She knew because she's been there. Wanting to be a singer and became famous, or be an actress. She knew all the struggles and feedbacks from popular actors and actress that she's been watching. But her dreams came crashing down when she was forced to take after her father's company.

"Lets promise something", she suddenly say and sit straight. Wooyoung copied her action and sit in front of her, facing the girl he's been so attached to lately that he'd even quit his idol life he's been wanting his whole life.

"When we get back, no matter how early or long it took us. If we get back, I want us to do whatever we want. Lets not let the world control us, lets not be the puppet of our parents or fans. Lets be ourselves"

Wooyoung smiled. Never in life has he ever heard something so realistic yet challenging at the same time.

"I'd like to try that"

He smiled and hug her again. Why doesnt it feels wrong when they are together? Why didnt her fiancé nor his fan's opinions enter their mind? They dont care because they have no one else at the moment other than each other.

They sleep the night in peace, not thinking about their future because its the only thing they can do. Theres nothing wrong in enjoying the moment because who knows what's coming next.

He hug her waist and never let go as she hold firmly into his hands, smiling in her sleep. He was warmer than tenth times the warmth of a blanket. Blankets can warm your body but never your heart, but Wooyoung did that, he was like a hot pack to her cold and dry heart. She was slowly healing and she loves the feeling.

The sun rises as the chirping of the birds woke them up like an alarm. Ofcourse they are in a jungle and it was bound to happen but they didnt expect the chirping of the birds was because of panicking. It was a gunshot. The birds were chirping because of the loud and strange noise firing up towards them.

Their ears perk up as they jolted awake. The sound wasnt far away from them. They took so many risk during their staying in the island but this one was different. They were somehow intimidated by it.

"Wooyoung..."

He shush her and open the door quietly, peeking outside. It was dead as pindrop silence. Not even the growl of the beast could be heard in the distance.

Suddenly they hear the footsteps of a man or two. From their sound and whispering voice they seems somehow more intimidating as Hyejoo quickly pull the boy inside and they close the door, locking it.

After a few minutes, a movement was heard outside the door. They could be savages or cannibal like what they have thought. Thats what scares them the most because a human being will be able to move around just like them and they're afraid they'll never leave the island alive.