16 / Feelings

"I may be right but I may also be wrong"

Hyejoo look at the boy in confusion. He was sharpening his wooden spear with the knife they found on the house.

"About what?", she ask when she realized he was waiting for her response and rolled her eyes.

"The beast. It may have only came out after it rained"

"Oh! I was having the same thought. Maybe it is afraid of the rain. Thats why it didnt hunt us during the rain"

They look at each other and heard the thunder. It was going to rain soon.

"But it didnt rain before. Why dont they come out back then?", Hyejoo think out loud. Wooyoung is also having the exact thought and they both stop talking to think of a solution, one that could be helpful. But they find none because they arent zoologists or anything near.

"What should we do once the monsoon ended? Will we have to just starve to death or be eaten?"

Wooyoung sigh and walk towards her.  Hugging her shoulder he frown.

"You're too negative all the times. I told you many times that we will not die. We will get away from this Island and eat the best burger in the world"

She laugh, because she knew the promise he made is like reaching the sky. No one is ever gonna looking for them in the Island if they still havent done it till now. It was a death end.

It was also no use in stocking lots of fruits when infact it would go bad in weeks. It was hopeless especially the both of them being inexperience in everything they do.

"It has to sleep sometimes. It cant go hunting around all day and night", Wooyoung utter as they sit close to each other.

""I'm sure it didnt at night", Hyejoo look at Wooyoung in the eye who bend down as well. It was like they're connecting their mind.

"The first time it attack us was the noon", Wooyoung's mouth open as he think of the last time its disgusting mouth almost had them.

"We should try the morning"

Hyejoo didnt want to say that but to survive, she knows she needed to gather her courage.

They didnt need to risk it so soon yet since it hasnt been long since the last time they went in the rain to collect the fruits. It was boring and the two sat in deep thought, anxiety building up their mind.

"You know Wooyoung, when you told me that you wanted to take back everything you said to your parents the last time you saw them. I feel the exact opposite. I wish I said atleast one thing to them. I wish I would be brave enough to talk back"

The depressing look on the girl's eye hurt him as he brought his hand to her cheeks, rubbing away the tears that fell down without her knowing.

"Eventhough I always said I'm fine with anything they planned for my future, I never wanted to be what they want me to. Eventhough I tell myself I like Tony and wanted to marry him, I'm not so sure if I even like him to be with him the rest of my life"

"Then dont marry him"

This time, he didnt give her the time to get a false hope or even think about it. He close the distance between them and kiss the girl with full of passion and lust. He wanted to taste those lips since the first moment he saw her on the plane. She was a temptation he had to hold back for so long because he knew she was engaged.

Hyejoo at first hesitated but even after all of these, she dont think she could ever let him go again so she cup his chin, giggling at the beard that made her happy for some reason making the other chuckle as well.

The air wasnt awkward as the first time but it was still so thick that they had to look away feeling embarrased. The night was young and they could hear the beast and other animals growling away in the distance.

"We should go to sleep and get up early in the morning", Hyejoo blurted out, breaking the silent.

"I thought we have enough fruits", Wooyoung look at her confusely as he keep his glance at the fruits.

"We do. But we have no more water. We need to clean ourself and wash our mouth sometimes", she didnt suggest anything but she suddenly grew shy saying it.

Wooyoung laugh at her cuteness and shift next to her. He cuddle her from the back who was already in a lying position and tickle her bare shoulder with his beard again.

"You smell nice either way, dont worry"

The rain making them fall into a deep slumber, they forget about the world for a while and drifted off to a dreamland.