Therapy?

Social phobia actually happens in a lot of people. It's more common in women and usually gets better as you grow up, but not always. For me my social phobia is getting worst as I grow up.

There's always help. You can go to a therapist, which might be hard since you have to talk about personal things to a stranger. I found it difficult, I just nodded my head a lot to answer her questions, but over time I started actually using my words.

You, your guardian , and your therapist will talk of how many times you have to come in. For me I had to go an hour and a half, once a week. Soon I was going once every other week for an hour and a half and soon I hope to get to the point where I won't have to go at all.

Usually you can pick a therapist you would be most confortable with. I'm more confortable with women then men, so I requested a female therapist.

You can also have your parents or guardians in the room with you for how long you want, until you get confortable enough to be alone with the therapist.

In therapy, at least from my experience, they first have to diagnose you. They ask you questions about your eating habits, excersises habits, if you self harm, why you self harm, what makes you the most anxious, and the list goes on.

From there the therapist diagnosis you and starts a plan. My therapist went over this brick wall technic to make me feel more confident and not worry about what others think. It doesn't work 100 percent for me, but sometimes it helped. You sessionr will be about finding technics to deal with anxiety, making lists to do instead of cut, people you trust, and technics for becoming more open and out there.

Now you won't magically be cured with therapy. Sometimes it doesn't help some people at all and others it was a life changing experience. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't work that well.