When Even Silence Became A Lie

Mávro Isle was an island of tranquility, an island where despite how the world goes outside, this place will always remain silent, will always remain peaceful. That no matter how everything in the island seemed dead, it would always make me feel secured. Yet all of the sudden, the barren soil was all covered with dead bodies of both monsters and humans, the white sands were painted in an ocean of blood, and the night skies lit up not with the stars nor the moon; but by the deafening roars of the soaring the dragons with their glowing fires. 

The screams, the shrieks, the cries, and that melancholy that surrounded seemingly everyone and everything; it felt like I was being strangled whenever I watch. Looking from this window, I couldn't help but wonder why they were so willing to sacrifice thousands of their men just to kill Caelesti. I suppose it has something to do with what she's planning, but is war really the solution?

Asking such a question might sound naive, I was trained since birth to join this war, I was trained and deprived of my childhood just to kill Caelesti--but I wasn't willing to, even now. Now that I think of it, perhaps I was just being selfish all this time and wanted to change my own fate, thus, I resort to these kinds of excuses; that I don't want Caelesti to suffer, that I want to give her a world she can call her own, and that I want to change her fate.

Though is it all really just about her? Or was I thinking only of my own? I didn't have a lot of friends. I grew up alongside the de la Valliere and Klein, with Allanea and Irona, and there was also her brother, Irvaius. I basically grew up with them so before I was even aware of it, we were already friends. The Northern Saint and the Head of the Council weren't exactly good parents either for they were to obsessed with looking for Caelesti's traces. 

My point is, I didn't like the way everything was already planned out for me, I didn't like the fact that I couldn't live the way I wanted, and I hated the fact that it has something to do with a woman who I barely knew in the past. So if I think about it more clearly, I can see myself being selfish for perhaps what I wanted to change all along was my fate. I realized that I've been ignoring mine all this time, and I know I shouldn't.

"They are pushing through our barrier." I heard Silverrium said, directly to Millard. They were all comfortably sitting, surrounding the oak wooden table. "If they get past the shore, then you have to set down your barriers all over the island."

"And let them all come in?" Ziandra asked before taking a bite on her banana. "Wouldn't that be too dangerous?"

"I do agree with Ziandra." Theone, who was standing on the corner while crossing his arms, stated. "Plus, if they indeed manage to deal with Caelesti's monsters, it would only mean they aren't really that weak."

"Of course they aren't weak." Thana said, flopping her feet on the table. "West Mages Association, the Coven, the Assassin's Association, Exodus, Black Clan, and not to mention that the World's Organization is also after Caelesti. It's basically saying that this whole world's top organizations want nothing but her death."

"You always forget to mind your manners." Aeryn sighed, slapping Thana's feet off the table; earning a glare from her. "I know all that matters, but there should be better things we need to prioritize."

"Right." Millard nodded. "Like what you would all do if Caelesti...indeed dies." 

Silence filled the whole room, and I notice their faces were clouded with something I couldn't depict. If I had taken after Caelesti's ability to feel emotions, perhaps knowing what they feel won't need to get this hypothetical. But if I could trust my instinct, I'd say they feel dejected, and for some reason, now that I could see that clearly now, their eyes wandered to reality that sooner or later...Caelesti would die and they could never prevent it. More like they wouldn't want to prevent it.