Love. 12

About less than a month later.
Ricky spent all his time with Nini, from eating breakfast to doing homework, they did everything together. Ricky's grades had improved and he was much happier, spending time with her than staying at home, where his parents would fight constantly.

That day, Ricky came in beaming. He sat down with Nini for breakfast. She struggled to lift her spoon, he just looked at her and smiled and shook his head. He took the spoon from her, put in the bowl and took out a spoonful of cereal. 'Open up. Look its a plane.' he said and played with the spoon like it was an aeroplane.' Nini giggled like a little girl. 'Ricky I'm not 3!' she said and laughed 'I can eat my breakfast if I want to, you know.' 'Neens, I cant see you struggle like that. Besides, what am I here for? Let me help you.' She sighed. 'Okay.' He smiled and then fed her breakfast. Mama C and D were actually very happy when Nini told them that they were dating. Mama D gave her a knowing look and both of them smiled warmly at them. They were caught up in their own little world, unaware of the time or the fact that both moms were sitting there. Ricky and Nini headed to school, talking and laughing. They went to the lockers and he held her books for her and even held the doors open for her. He was being extremely supportive and caring. The gang gathered around Nini's locker. EJ, who helped Nini, had joined their gang. He was pretty funny and made others easily crack up. They enquired about her arm and teased Ricky about his shoes. An usual day.

+
Ricky was drumming his pencil on his desk impatiently. He hated Math and couldn't wait for the class to get over. Nini, on the other hand had propped her elbows and had rested her head on it. She was focused on the lesson and didn't realise Ricky was staring at her. The sunlight hit her face at the right places and she looked absolutely stunning without any effort at all. Ricky noticed the way the strands of hair fell on her face and how she brushed them off gently. He wondered how he was so lucky to have her as his best friend and girlfriend. He turned slightly, and leaned towards her.
'Hey Neens?' he whispered.
'Yes, Ricky, see you after 5?' 'Wait wha- how did you know..?' he asked surprised. 'We have been best friends since we were 5.. seriously Ricky, I can read you like a book.' she said and laughed slightly. He just smiled not able to think of a reply.

E

vening.

'Where are we going?' 'It's somewhere special, Neens.' 'But where? You never tell me where.' she said and pouted. Ricky just smirked. 'Oh, look we're here.'
Nini stood there taking in the view.

Tell me, have you seen a sunsetTurn into a sunrise?Kiss right through the night?'Cause we should try that sometime, Hold you 'til the mornin', And if I said I'm fallin'Would you just reply,"I know you are, but what am I?"

Turn into a sunrise?
Kiss right through the night?
'Cause we should try that sometime, Hold you 'til the mornin', And if I said I'm fallin'
Would you just reply,
"I know you are, but what am I?"

'Uh.. wow..' she stood there with her mouth agape. Ricky chuckled and took her hand and led her gently to the ledge. They both sat down, wordlessly. She then asked 'How do you know this place?' He played with his fingers do a few seconds, looking down before answering 'This is my getaway spot. Sometimes, I just need to clear my head and think for a bit you know, get away from everything. I come here.' She bit the inner part of her cheek and sat there in silence. The sky slowly turned to shades of orange and then lighter shades of yellow and the sun finally set, leaving a vast darkness behind. It was just something else, sitting on a ledge, next to the love of your life and watch the sunset.