PROLOGUE

*Play the above music video for better experience or play "Spring Day -BTS" from the Spotify playlist provided in story description.*

"I miss you, Grandma"

My eyelids could no longer prevent the tears from bursting down my cheeks; it cascaded down, escaping from the dam of agony. I was always alone. But, it feels different at the moment. My heart was suffering from the intense pain of loneliness as I've never felt before. I wasn't a fragile being, until now. But loneliness is squeezing me tight into a tiny box. God, why did you took my inner light? And replaced it with the darkness that overshadowed my life. I felt suffocated and lifeless. I just wanted to scream myself out.

The sun finally decided to take a nap for the moon to take his place; to guide me in this darkness as well. Even though I despise this darkness, I like the night as it hides my flaws, the scars buried underneath my skin. But somebody was staring at me as if it was the only one who saw me crying; the moon. Splashing down its watery white silver shine on to the city; bathing them with the moonlight. In a distance, I saw the trees, silhouetted against the deep velvety starry sky.

My legs are weak. I sat on the old rock bench, where, once I used to sit with my grandma for hours. I would lay on her lap and she would gaze at my face with her eyes filled with love and a sweet smile on her face. Her wrinkled fingers caressing my hair that felt so warm. While I count the stars in the sky. Back then, everything felt so warm. Even though, it was only when I was with her. Now, the cold that was hidden all this time, started to overpower the warmth that was once left by my grandma. Even, this old rock bench seems colder than ever.

These memories with my grandma are unforgettable. I started to miss her forehead kisses. I miss the way she understood me and always protected me. I miss the way she scolded me and then cuddled me within a gap of minutes. I miss her. I gazed at the stars with my teary swollen eyes. They didn't seem as bright as they used to be. The cold breeze from the sea blew right through my jacket. I sat down on the bench, closed my wet lashes, crawled down onto my knees. All I needed was a little warmth.

I can hear the waves lapping like the ticking of a clock but never really telling the time. It felt like, the cold breeze was trying to communicate with me.

Finally, the silvery moonlight gave up to the rising sun. Maybe, the sun missed the sky and wanted nothing more than to warm up the blue into a radiant gold. The warm sun rays kissed my cheeks, slowly. I unlocked my fingers and let my body to lay there freely. I opened my eyes that were still swollen. My body was stiff and tired. The yellow shining sun still rising from the ground. It filled the sky with mighty colours of red and splashed the clouds with the endless rays of pink. It was bright and mesmerizing as if it was inviting me, deep into the horizon.

I can't fight the sun. I can only watch helplessly as it drags me into a day I've been dreading. Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I took it out of my jacket. It was my daily set alarm of 6.30 am. I pulled myself back, tied my hair and by looking at the rising sun I wished myself a good morning. I kept my phone back into the jacket; which I took off and left on the bench. I started stretching my body to reduce the stiffening. While I was picking up my jacket back, a coin fell down from its pocket and rolled under the rock bench. I bent down to pick it up and that's when I noticed a silver bracelet with multiple coloured star stones embellished on it. I picked it up along with the coin and brought the bracelet, close to my eyes and examined it carefully. It was pretty and the colours of the stars were pink, black, white, green, blue, yellow and red. It looked like a brand new one.

I looked around reflexively, in thought that whether it was dropped by someone. But there was no one, while I was around here. I stood there confused.

"What should I do with this starred bracelet?"

(She is sad, lonely and her life became monotonous after the death of her grandma

(She is sad, lonely and her life became monotonous after the death of her grandma. Will her life ever be filled with colours again? If yes.... then how? Let's find out it in the UPCOMING chapters.)