CHAPTER 10

*Track- Please play the above video for a better experience or play "So What- Instrumental (BTS)- Molotov Cocktail Piano" from my Spotify playlist provided in the story description.*

At the Airport

At the Airport

"Welcome to London my child" A middle-aged lady came in front of me and Ma Dong Chan.

"Anneyongasseyo" Dong Chan bowed to her.

I was still trying to figure out the situation.

"Hey Lee Bora, it's my Aunt I told you earlier. I will stay with her family." Dong Chan introduced me to her.

"Ah...Anneyogasseyo. Myself, Lee Bora. Dong Chan friend" I bowed and introduced myself.

"Oh...So, you are the girl about whom, Chan told me. You are so pretty" She touched my cheeks with a smile.

A gave her a shy smile.

"So I think I must leave now," I said

"Hmm ok. But, where are you going to stay? You haven't told me yet." Enquired Chan.

"Actually I applied for a job here before coming, through online. It's a florist shop. So they are also providing me with accommodation. I will be staying there." I replied with a smile.

"Aigoo. You are so hardworking. Feel free to come to our home anytime. We will eat together." Said her Aunt while hugging me.

"Ok then bye. See you" I said and left.

10 days later

"Here's your flower bouquet sir. Have a nice day" I thanked a customer.

Everything in my life is still the same except the place. Everyone here calls me Ami instead of my name Lee Bo Ra. English is still hard for me. But I am working on it. It's my first time being outside my country. It sometimes feels weird too. But life is all about adjustments. My boss is so nice. But these days' business is going through a lot of losing. Because of a new shop just near our shop. Boss recently seemed so stressed about the repayment of a loan he took for this shop.

"Good morning sir." I greeted me as soon as my boss entered the shop.

But he didn't respond. He seemed pretty tensed. He walked in with some papers. Then he left the shop after a few minutes. He came back to the shop after a whole week.

What's happening? Something is too off.

Two hours later he came back with two men dressed in formal suits. He talked with them for a while then came inside alone and walked to me.

"Is everything all right sir?" I questioned him.

"Nothing is right. Actually, my dad passed away last week. Before his death, he divided his property among us. But my older brother cheated me and he got this shop signed on his name and I got a small property near my home town. I don't know whether it was dad's own will or he was forced to do so. But the trouble is that now he is using his power and have asked me to vacate this shop in one week or else he will take legal action." He replied with a tensed face.

"What?? But this is wrong. How can he do this to his own brother? Now, what are you going to do sir?" I tried to keep myself calm.

"I don't know. All I know is we got no other option. So I have decided to start some other business near my home town. I have to pack things and vacate this place. I'm sorry Ami. I must have told you earlier. But you know even I didn't know. And you have to find new accommodation too. It's all under my brother now."

"Huh" I was shocked.

"Sorry. I tried my best Ami. We have only one week. Tomorrow we will begin packing. You can leave for today." He said and left.

I was still in shock and confused. I picked up my bag and started walking aimlessly, lost in my own thoughts.

Wth!...Where the hell am I supposed to go? No money, no accommodation? Why my life is always like this? Will this ever be over? Is there any end to my suffering? Why I always? Why me...??

I was so lost in my thought, I didn't even realise that I was standing in between the road. A longhorn sound broke the shell of my thoughts and I came back to my senses. I got so startled that I was struggling about to cross the road and that's when a truck was coming straight towards me. It felt like my last moment. I closed my eyes.

I closed my eyes and prayed.

(Boom boom...Oops...sorry this was a short one. Because the next chapter is going to be a long one. See you soon)