CHAPTER 1

*Track- Please play the above video for a better experience or play "BUTTERFLY (PROLOGUE MIX)" from my Spotify playlist provided in Story Description.*

'Oh shit! I'm late'

'Oh shit! I'm late'.

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall of my room. While drying my hair with a towel. I started to decide on a dress to wear from a pile of clothes kept in my closet. I grabbed my white shirt with a black pencil skirt and a blazer. They were all wrinkled.

"Ah! I can't wear it like this for the interview".

I ran towards the ironing table and amazingly I found that iron box isn't working.

"Damn it! I'm completely doomed...Ah, I have hair straightener."

I ran to my dressing table. Even though, I said it is a dressing table, it doesn't look like one. It looks more like a notice board. Covered with sticky notes and reminders. I searched for the hair straightener in the drawer and I found it. I used it to iron and tried my best to make them look fine. I put them on. Then took the document file that I kept on the old sofa in the hall.

"Where is my phone? God... My house is a mess. Whom should I blame though? It's all me."

I ran across the rooms searching for my phone and finally found it on the kitchen slab. Took my purse that grandma gifted me last year on my birthday.

"It's already 8.30 am, damn it."

I took out the black formal heels that I only wear for interviews. I have been using it for the past two years. I was about to get out of my house, then I suddenly stopped. I went back in and looked at the photo hanging on the wall upon the T.V. in the hall.

"Grandma, I am going for one more part-time job interview. Wish me best of luck. Bye. Bye".

And I locked the house and headed towards the bus stop.

"Ah... How the hell can girls walk in them? I was getting late but sadly, I can't run wearing these heels."

So I decided to take them off and ran to the bus stop.

"No, stop!"

I shouted at the bus driver, running towards the bus with a pair of heels in my hands. I finally got inside the bus, I was already tired and sweaty. My hair was completely a mess. Everyone inside the bus was staring at my bare feet. I felt embarrassed but I was used to it. I paid for the ticket and took a seat. I kept my document file and purse on my lap and bend down to put on heels. I Rested my head on the window glass and was looking outside. The bus stopped at the next bus stop that was near a kinder garden. Parents were dropping their little kids. Some were getting outside the bus, I saw some parents with their vehicles outside and some were holding hands of their parents. Our bus started the engine aiming to the next bus stop.

"Ah...how lucky kids!"

I leaned my head on the half-opened window glass. I fell asleep as soon as I closed my eyes. Maybe I needed a nap after the whole mess of yesterday night.

My life never went easy on me. My mom was a Russian and dad was a Korean. They fell in love during college time and got married. But within seven years, they divorced for some reasons that grandma never wanted me to know. I only have faded memories of the fights between them. I was six when they got separated. What happened to my mom after that? I have no idea! But dad started habits of gambling and drinking, a lot. I still remember how he always did collapse on the parking slot after getting drunk. The watchman used to carry him upstairs, to our flat. I always hid behind my grandma, as I was always scared of him. He never treated me as his daughter. I even doubted, does he ever realized that I existed in his life. After a year, dad passed away due to liver cirrhosis. Finally, the only person left beside me was Grandma. She loved me like a mom does and protected me as a dad does. Her warm hug protected me from this freezing world.

Dad's death didn't stop the moneylenders; from whom he rented money for nothing else but gambling. To repay the debt, grandma sold our flat in Seoul and we shifted to her old apartment at Gang won-do, near the countryside. I was brought up by grandma, all alone. I never had a best friend. Instead, some impermanent people that came to my life. How can I put this into words, for them, I was always like a trash bin holding a board, USE ME.? They used to come to me when they need something and left when their work is done. I was always bullied and neglected. The only person who loved and cared for me was Grandma and she was my world.

By the way, my name is Lee Bora, grandma told me my name means the colour purple which was my mom's favourite and I was named after it. Grandma used to call me Ami. But six months ago, the only light of my life also passed away. My life becomes a mess. For me, every day is a new sickening challenge. I work, study and just talk to myself.

The only reason why I am not giving up my life is that I believe in my grandma's last words. She said,

"Ami, you're too young to let the world break you. Every dark hollow pipe has an opening at the end, a ray of light is waiting for you there. So don't stop in between but keep walking."

These words gave me hope for better days.

"Hey, you... Hello, wake up", I heard a voice.

I woke up from my sleep. A middle-aged man was standing near my seat, staring at me. I realized a few seconds later, he is the driver of the bus.

"Where am I?" I asked the driver after looking out of the window.

"Ah seriously, how can you sleep like this? It's Seoul, last stop. Just get down lady. I have to go." He replied frustrated

"Ohh, S...S... So...Sorry, I am really sorry." I bowed and got out of the bus.

I was finally in Seoul.

"Finally here. Ahh, you stupid Ami. How can you sleep like that on a bus, while you are up to an interview? Uff...I'm done with myself." I said while slapping myself.

"Let's take a cab, I'm already late".

(This innocent messy girl! Will she crack the interview? And even if she did, will it be easy for her? Where is the cab headed for? Let's find out it in the next chapter

(This innocent messy girl! Will she crack the interview? And even if she did, will it be easy for her? Where is the cab headed for? Let's find out it in the next chapter.)