CHAPTER 4

*Track- Please play the above video for a better experience or play "21st Century Girl -BTS" from my Spotify playlist provided in the story description.*

"Get up, young lady

"Get up, young lady." He said gently while placing his warm hands on my shoulders.

I slowly lifted my head and looked at him. A tall man, wearing a lemonade pink suit, white shirt along with a grey printed tie. His face looked so small because of his broad shoulders. Flawless fair skin with black hair in classic side-swept fringe hairstyle. His soft facial features created a perfect harmony. His looks resembled the purity of a warm puppy; his eyes and thick under lip.

Is he even real? He looks like an angel.

He looks totally unrealistic. I couldn't take my eyes off from his face. A complete gentlemen look. He helped me stand up.

"Oh... Who's this handsome looking man?" The lady's tone changed all of sudden from rude to polite.

The man turned towards her.

"I'm Kim Seok Jin, the new manager of this showroom." He introduced himself with confidence.

"Ahh, no wonder I haven't seen you here before. Nice to meet you."

"Yes, but it isn't a nice meeting for me to you. Don't you think you must first apologize to my employee?" He said politely.

"Huh... seriously why would I apologize to her." She said with an evil smirk.

"You were impolite to her, ma'am. Being a manager here, it's my responsibility to prevent the mistreat towards my employees. So, kindly apologize for your ill-treatment towards her." He said and pointed towards me.

"Whoa... Are you kidding me? She is the one, who should apologize to me. She insulted me regardless of my age. Like, just look at her. Her skin, the dark circles, the messed up hair and the broken heels. She looks older than her age and still she addressed me as an old lady. A zero standard girl... She is just..." Lady spoke annoyingly.

"Mind your language. You are saying that she insulted you but somehow it seems opposite to me. Maybe, she isn't defending herself, but it doesn't mean that she has no self-respect. You better apologize or kindly leave." He interrupted before the lady could argue.

Her face turned red because of the anger and embracement.

"What a mess... I don't care. Come on guards, let's go somewhere else. This place has no standard and pay for this dress. I can't stand here anymore". She said and gave her card to one of the bodyguards.

They left the showroom as soon as they paid. But the lady didn't forget to give me a death glare. We all were still standing there with pin-drop silence. Choi Hayoon also came and stood nearby me nervously.

"Ok then. Everybody, get back to your work and you Ms Choi, I need your explanation in written right now." His tone was clearly stern.

"Sorry sir, I will do it right now." Choi Hayoon bowed and left immediately.

After everyone left he took a deep breath and then turned towards me.

"You seems new here. What's your name, Ms...?" He enquired with a smile.

He came close to me and bought his head down to mine.

Yeah yeah...I'm short.

I was still gazing at him without blinking.

"Are you OK?" He asked by snapping his fingers in front of my eyes.

I got startled.

"Ye...Ye...Yes, I'm fine" I said hesitantly.

I immediately tried to move one step back because he was too close to me. But I completely forgot about my broken heels. And obviously, I was about to fall when he grabbed me. His hand was supporting my waist.

Uh...damn it...why am I like this?

"Seems like you are not fine." He said with a brighter smile than the previous one.

I was dumbstruck for a moment. But then I came back to my sense and moved away.

"I'm sorry, so sorry" I apologized immediately.

"Ah, there you go again. Can you stop apologizing for such things; that you haven't done intentionally. Leave it. Just tell me, why were you on the floor for the whole time when she was swearing at you. Can't you defend yourself? You must have some confidence. I have heard that girls instantly lose their temper when someone passes bad comments on their looks. But what's wrong with you...blah...blah...blah..." He was talking as if he was rapping.

I was just listening with my head down. And that's when he noticed my broken heel.

"Take off your heels." He said.

"Huh," I stood there confused.

"I said take off your heels and follow me."

I took them off. He took the heels in his hand and grabbed my hand with his other hand and started to walk. He stopped near the footwear section. Made me sit on a sofa and checked my heel size. Then he asked the staff to bring a few pairs of formal heels. She bought and left them on the floor. They were all shiny and pretty.

But yeah, I am broke.

Mr Kim sat on his knee again.

"Lift your leg please." He said.

I lifted my leg and he held my feet and then tried all the heels.

"Can you stop staring at me? I know I'm handsome." He said.

Shit, he caught me.

My face instantly turned red after he said so. I instantly looked away.

"Don't you think you are being too rude...like you still haven't answered my first question?" He kept his head down at my feet and looked up at me.

"Oh...o... Sorry...my name is Lee Bora. I joined today." I responded politely.

"Nice name. Your name means purple and the colour indicates trust. You lack both trust and confidence. Why?" he asked with his brows bumped together in a scowl and his eyes gazed into mine.

I was speechless by his question. I just dropped my head down clenching my fist. Maybe, I was trying to hide my emotions. Perhaps, Mr Kim caught me. He lifted my chin and gazed into my despondent eyes for a moment. Then he called Ms Choi Hayoon. She came running. Then he whispered something into her ears and left.

"Hey, get up," Hayoon said.

(OMG...what is going to happen next? What's going on in Mr Kim Seok Jin's mind. Hmm... Let's find it out in the next chapter.)