𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐱 𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 )

Cherry was on her home from school, trudging tiredly across the streets of Stars Hollow before she came across Dean. He was stood outside the Gilmores house, scrubbing Rory's car with soap and a sponge. Frowning, Cherry slowly approached, slightly unsure.

"Dean! Hi. What are you- Did Rory ask you to wash her car?" Dean looked up, grinning slightly at his best friend as he wiped the sweat of his foreheard.

"What? No, I was waiting for her and her car looked dirty so I thought I'd wash it." 

Cherry  winced, looking around and noticing there was no lights turned on in the house. "That's  . . . nice of you, Dean. I thought Rory said this week she had this really important school proyect."

He sighed, putting the sponge down. "Oh, yeah. I guess I forgot." 

Silence followed as Cherry shifted her weight. She had a bad feeling for the couple. It had slowly been clearer and clearer that Rory and Dean were drifting apart, and that the blue-eyed girl seemed to always be busy these days, with school and Lane. And that separation seemed to be taking a toll on Dean, as he grasped desperately on the relationship. And that hurt Cherry, because she didn't want to see her best friend hurt.

"Dean . . . did you and Rory fight?"

He looked up, slightly alarmed. "No. Why? Did she say something? Oh God, what did she say? She mad at me?"

"No, no." Cherry interrupted, quickly silencing Dean's nervous rambling. "I just . . . this is just my point of view, so I may be wrong, but it's just seems like things between you are a little off lately."

"I just want things to be like they used to be." Dean said, slumping over as he leaned on the car. Cherry smiled softly, squeezing his shoulder in comfort before patting him.

"Things are always changing, Dean. Maybe try embracing that change. If you try holding on too much to the past, you'll miss what's happening now and get swept away."

Dean grinned slightly, raising his eyebrows at the blonde curly haired girl. "Since when did you get so smart?"

Cherry smirked, flicking her blonde hair behind her shoulder. "Me? Always, you just never listen to me." the two sat in comfortable silence as Dean poured over Cherry's advice. "Well, see you at work. I need to be getting home." before she had a chance to walk away, Dean bit down on his bottom lip.