𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘶𝘦 )

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗪𝗔𝗦𝗡'𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗛𝗬 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗦𝗢 𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗢𝗨𝗦.

Telling her boyfriend about the news of her job should be cause for a celebration. Cherry had been waiting for something like this for so long. Yet now she walked towards Truncheon, digging her nails into her skin in hesitation. Her feet dragged across the concrete as she searched for any excuse to postpone the announcement.

Because while she was over the moon to have gotten the job, it happened to be all the way in Paris. And the emerging distance between Jess and Cherry made her doubt how he would receive the news. 

Approaching Truncheon, she exhaled a shaky breath before stretching her shoulders. Cherry shook her head, eyebrows furrowed. She was being a coward. But she could remember the unsure look on Jacqueline's face when Cherry had told her.

The redhead had found out yesterday, a wide grin splashed across her pale features as she hugged Cherry tightly before punching her shoulder. "I can't believe you're moving on and upwards in the world, leaving me behind."

Cherry had smiled ruefully, a shy grin on her face as she hid behind her blonde curls. "You could always come along. I imagine the French boys would be of your liking."

"Oh, they are a sight for sore eyes." Jacqueline had smiled dreamily, before snapping out of her daze. "So you're going to accept the job? What does Jess think?"

The blonde remembered moving away her gaze, biting on the inside of her lip. "He doesn't know yet."

"Oh, Cherry . . ." 

The unsureness in Jacqueline's face still flashed in Cherry's mind as she entered Truncheon. She headed straight towards Jess's office, and when she saw he wasn't there, she took a seat and decided to wait. At least she managed to postpone the inevitable slightly. It wasn't long before footsteps resounded through the hallway, and the door swung open. Yet Cherry's gaze didn't land on the familiar face of her boyfriend.

"Oh! Sorry, I thought Jess would be here." her voice was smooth, straight blonde hair pinned back with a claw-clip, holding a stack of paper in her hands.