𝐯. 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐞

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘺𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺'𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘵 )

"Do you like this basket?" Bethany asked her daughter. The two stood in Doose's Market, staring at wooden baskets to use for their picnics.

Cherry stared at her, narrowing her eyes. "That one's ugly."

Her mother groaned. "You said that about the last three baskets I showed you. Can't you at least show some excitement here?"

"Excitement for what? Women selling their baskets so men can bid on them? What is this, the Victorian era?" Cherry argued, crossing her arms over her chest. When her mother raised an eyebrow, Cherry sighed reluctantly. "Fine. Get that basket, it'll do."

Cherry couldn't be bothered to cook anything for her basket. Hell, she didn't even think anyone would want to buy it. Maybe out of pity. She stuck some leftover Chinese food from last night and a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies she had made herself. Whoever was willing to pay for it was going to be disappointed.

Standing in the crowd, Cherry was placed next to her mother. Kirk had, for some unknown reason to the rest of the town, bid on Bethany Doose's basket, which made her blush. Cherry couldn't remember the last time someone had made her mother blush. Now it was her turn. "Let's move on to this basket! I have to admit, looking inside it doesn't look like much. Three dollars?"

Cherry gaped, slightly offended. "Grandad! That's my basket." 

Taylor Doose stared at her. "Really, Cher? You couldn't have tried a bit harder?" Cherry rolled her eyes, nudging her mother who was softly laughing, agreeing with her father. "Anyways, three dollars anyone?"

Jess Mariano crossed his arms over his chest as he went unnoticed at the back of the crowd. He was contemplating outbidding Dean for Rory's basket. He couldn't stand her pretentious boyfriend who was possesive over the Chilton girl. And what better than to make him angry than to buy his girlfriend's basket? Jess knew it would make anyone angry. Including himself, if he was dating anyone. But as he awaited, he frowned at the awkward silence that hung on the town as no one bid for Cherry's basket. Searching for her in the crowd, he watched the blonde squirm under everyone's attention. Before he could stop himself, Jess found himself shouting "Ten dollars!"

Taylor raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure, boy? It's not worth ten dollars." even so, Taylor accepted Jess' money, who grabbed the basket and approached Cherry, who stared at him perplexed. This was the last thing she expected would happen today. Yet the boy was getting closer each passing second, and she had to gather her thoughts before he did.