𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘴 )

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

𝗟𝗨𝗞𝗘 𝗦𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗦 𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗔 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗧𝗢𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛 𝗢𝗙 𝗛𝗜𝗠.

"Was that really necessary?" 

Cherry glanced down at her camera, her feet dangling from the stool at the bar in Luke's Diner, as her mother sat next to her amused. The two had decided to get breakfast on that Saturday as a treat. "Oh, man. You do not photograph well. Have you been getting sleep?"

Luke rolled his eyes, snatching the camera to look for himself. "I'm pretty sure I have a 'no photographs' policy."

"That doesn't include me." Cherry gave him a bright grin.

"Whatever. It was a bad angle and a harsh light. A soft light would have helped with the thing in the eyes." he handed back the camera, placing his hands on his hips. "Hey, Jess mentioned some party this weekend. Are you going?"

Bethany Doose looked up from her menu to look between Luke and Cherry before settling her gaze on her daughter. "You're going to a party?" 

"Yeah, if that's okay." Cherry smoothed (or at least attempted to) out her blonde curls. "Lane's band are playing their first gig."

"That's fine by me. Just don't get up on any tables to dance. It will haunt you for the rest of your life, trust me. Been there, done that."

Cherry raised an amused eyebrow at her mother. "Wow. Very Kat Stratford of you." 

Crossing his arms over his chest, Luke raised the question. "Who?"

"Never mind." Cherry muttered, waving a hand of dismissal. Shrugging, Luke refilled their coffee mugs before walking away attending other customers. Bethany watched her daughter carefully as she sipped the dark liquid that scorched her taste buds. When she realised she was being stared at, Cherry turned to return the stare. "What?"