𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 )

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗡 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗜𝗡 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗜𝗙𝗙𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗜𝗭𝗘𝗦, 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗟𝗬 𝗗𝗜𝗙𝗙𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧.

For Cherry Doose, change came in two different shapes. One was New York City. The quiet town of Stars Hollow she had grown used to had been replaced by the busy, winding streets of New York. No longer did she recognise everyone she walked past by. No longer did she walk the streets with a confident destination. But after two months, as she entered the winter in the city, Cherry reckoned she was slowly learning to love her new environment. There was certain comfort in parading unrecognised and blending into the crowd. 

Another change that had derailed her life was Jess Mariano. It hadn't been a sudden change, meeting him a year ago. But his little habits had drawn her in, trapped in a spider's web she'd never escape. The journey that she was on now had begun with the small step of learning his name. Now, Cherry would surprise him at work in Truncheon with coffee as if it were something she'd do for the rest of her days. 

He had somehow believed in her and had opened a path of opportunities she had believed to be a far-away dream.

Which is why Cherry was excited to tell him about her new job.

Digging her keys into the shared apartment, the cold metal of the handle sent shivers through her skin as she swung the door open. The three boys were sat around the small, round table in the kitchen while playing cards. At the sound of her entry, Jess' gaze glanced up, meeting Cherry's as he supressed a soft smile that transformed his features. Troy and Marcus were too focused on the game, not raising their gazes from their cards as they greeted Cherry with a grunt.