𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩 )

"No, mom, the carrot would act as a better nose. It's a classic." Cherry argued, convincing her mother to use a carrot as the snowman's nose. A few months had passed since Jess' arrival, and it had been like a roller coaster. Whenever Cherry and Jess seemed to reach some sort of understanding, they completely ignored it and went to their daily arguments. At first it was amusing, but now even Cherry was frustrated with the boy, finding him annoying and overall couldn't understand how some of the younger girls were fawning over him. Jess could pretend he was a bad boy and that he couldn't care less, but Cherry didn't believe his act for one second. "I mean, that snowman over there is incredible."

Bethany, Cherry's mother, turned around, raising her eyebrows impressed at the snowman Cherry was talking about. The two girls were very similar, and quite close. Not as close as the Gilmores, as there were things Cherry could never tell her mother, but it was activities like this one, a snowman building competition, that brought them together to rant about work and school. Bethany worked at the only beauty salon in the town, so business was good. And she looked like Cherry, with her bright blue eyes and sharp cheekbones. The only difference was Cherry had a wild mane of curls, while her mother's hair was darker and smoother.

"It is a beautiful snowman. But it's not about winning, it's about having fun, right?" Cherry narrowed her eyes at her mother, pretending to gag.

"God, that was so cheesy. Don't say that again."

Bethany chuckled, shaking her head as she stuck the carrot on their snowman's face. "So, school break is coming up. Got any plans with any friends?"

"Nothing much. Because granddad is opening his candy store next to Luke's soon, he's got me doing double shifts at the market."

"I'm surprised he managed to convince Luke." Cherry snorted in agreement, coughing slightly after inhaling some snow up her nose. "Also, I forgot to mention, but Lorelai's inn is recreating this 19th-century meal." at Cherry's confused look, her mother shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure what that entails either, but she's invited basically the whole town, and I sort of told her we'd be there."

Cherry shrugged, smiling slightly. "Sounds like fun. A perfect opportunity to snap some good pictures with my new camera." The only thing that thrilled Cherry, apart from Baywatch and pancakes, was photography. Not a lot of people her age know what they want to do career-wise, but Cherry already had it all planned out. She'd do a course in photography after graduating ( no way in hell was she returning to school at university ), travel around the world and gather an establishing portfolio before moving to New York and working with Vogue.