CHAPTER 4

"Mate?"

Duncan stood there frozen. He could feel Arion scratching to let free and claim his mate. His human self was intoxicated from the smell coming from his mate who was dressed in loose pajamas while his brown long hair was tied in a bun. Now that he looked closely Ezra looked more attractive than before, his hair grew out till his shoulders, his brown eyes possessed more depth, and his plump red lips were waiting to be claimed. Duncan's heart ached alongside his body to take Ezra in his embrace. To claim his lips, to untie his knot and stroke his hair.

Mate...Mate...Mate...

Duncan was losing his mind with Arion in it and the scent was too much to handle. He took a deep breath to calm down but that made things worse.

[A/N: dumb]

Mate...Mate...Mate...

"Shut up!" Duncan yells out taking Ezra by surprise.

"Huh?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. It's just that Arion won't shut up" Duncan let out with a nervous chuckle. Ezra was confused to hear the name of someone unknown then it strikes the intelligent one that it might be Duncan's wolf. "How have you been?" Duncan manages to control his wolf and lets the words out.

"Don't you think that is too early for you to ask?" Note the sarcasm. Though Ezra blamed himself for goddess knows what mistake but he was still upset that Duncan didn't try to make any contact in all these years.

"I'm sorry" Duncan scratched his head in shame.

"No, I'm sorry" Ezra smiles apologetically. Does Mr. Perfectionist remember?

There was an awkward silence in between but then Ezra invited Duncan into his room. The room was shared between Ezra and Elias. Sure, Ezra would get his room when he turns eighteen but now he had to stay with his annoying little brother. The room was divided into two halves one side for the elder and the other for the younger one.

Ezra's side was neat to every edge while Elias's was disturbed. Books and clothes were thrown in directions, bed shattered, the walls covered in photos of the latest cars. Ezra's side of the walls had no pictures on them. His table was neatly arranged with books and timetables pinned on the board.

Ezra sat on his bed as he pulled a chair for Duncan. They stayed in silence before Ezra chose to speak.

"You found your mate?" Ezra asked the question putting his anxiety aside. This was too big for him. He hasn't met this man for three years and now he shows up at his door but talks about a mate. Did he find his mate? Who are they? Was it Susan, Duncan's ex-girlfriend who was still mateless? But why now? Duncan has his coronation three years ago when he turned eighteen. That eliminates Susan. Then who is it?

"I have..." Duncan retorts. He has made up his mind. He won't run anymore. He would confess and admit his love.

"Oh" is all that comes out of Ezra's lips. "G-great. What brings you here?" Ezra avoided the topic altogether and made as little eye contact as possible. Duncan could sense the hurt in his mate's voice.

Duncan are you in the pack? Easton speaks through the mind link.

"Yes, I am" Duncan signals Ezra about the mind link and continues the talk with his Alpha.

Come meet me in my office now, it's kind of urgent. And if you are with Ezra tell him he'll be required to go to the coronation tomorrow. With that Easton blocks away the link.

"Easton said you'll have to attend the coronation of Blake Jensen tomorrow" Duncan informs as soon as the link dies.

"What? Why? I'm not even close to him. Why me?"