CHAPTER 10

[I don't know if you guys are really good at remembering names or not. But, I suck at them. That's definitely me when writing a chapter and can't remember the fucking names I have given to my own characters. So here's a thing for you and most importantly for me and my lost mind😌]

 So here's a thing for you and most importantly for me and my lost mind😌]

You're welcome😌

--------------

It was past midnight. The guards on duty were at the borders and gates. The alpha couple was asleep with the rest of the pack. It was the usual time for the beta of the pack to do rounds before going to sleep. So like the usual, Duncan was on rounds. He checked around the whole packhouse, on the four sides which were guarded by two guards each.

Arion took over to sprint towards the borders which had heavy and increased security after the attacks last week. After making sure everything was in its place, Arion took over towards the Knight household which was five minutes away on a walk which means less than thirty seconds for Arion.

After witnessing huge chaos on Wednesday and two missing alphas yesterday for reasons, the whole family was now back to their house where the former alpha lived peacefully with his family. The house was modern and good-sized where kids could bring over friends and play in the backyard. The older couple and Elena had their own rooms and also Easton. Whereas Ezra and Elias shared a room. There was a spare room for any guests. And as of now, everyone in the house was deep asleep except one, Ezra.

In the room which he shared with his younger brother Elias, Ezra was wide awake and pacing like a maniac. If anyone could peak from above and watch Ezra awake at this hour would literally die of shock. 'Cause, this was Ezra Knight we are talking about. Though Ezra followed his older brother in every aspect, he turned out to be more disciplined and punctual than his brother himself. His routine was fixed from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. sharp.

But, now he was here pacing in his room while he bit his perfectly trimmed nails. Again, an unbelievable thing Ezra would do.

The lights were off as his brother was sleeping and also because Ezra was pretending to be asleep when his mom checked on them. As soon as his mom left, Ezra got up from the bed and stood right next to the window waiting for someone.

Duncan did promise Ezra, that he'll let him meet Arion tonight. But, the beta still couldn't understand, how? Even a deep breath in his mate's presence did wonders to him so letting his wolf out would be out of the question. Arion kept pondering in those thirty seconds about how he would face Ezra.

Ezra was still unaware of Duncan being his mate. Of course, he wouldn't know how the mate bond works when he didn't have a wolf yet. One more day and Ezra would know the truth. Just one more day to decide acceptance or rejection.

Arion stopped in the trees across from the house. He could clearly see Ezra standing at the window, biting his nails. He promised, he would meet him today and he can't go back on that now. He turned back into the human form and still stayed. Arion had to meet the young alpha so Duncan stayed back with Arion in full power.