CHAPTER 12

(edited)

Back at the lunchtime

After the meeting, Easton and Duncan were now sitting in the office opposite each other with Turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich remained on the table, two for each of them. Easton sipped on the orange juice while Duncan's sandwich and juice continued to be untouched. "What is it?" Easton said, taking a bite of his tuna salad. "Aziel can feel his beta is not so pleased. I can't know what exactly it is like a mate but I know when my best friend's not his usual self"

Duncan rolled his fork through the salad and put it down making a *clink* sound when it touched the salad bowl. "Arion met Ezra yesterday" Duncan stated in a very low voice.

"And?" Easton was done with his sandwich and now grabbed the towel from his left and wiped his hands and mouth.

"And?" Duncan was confused as to why wasn't Easton reacting to his brother meeting a wolf, who was indeed his brother's mate but horny. "You exactly know how Arion is? Something might have happened if he could have jumped Ezra. He is one horny beast"

Bitch, what?

"What?"

That is you.

"You are ten times than I am"

"I know you both are" Easton gulped down the remaining juice and stared at his beta. "And you wouldn't hurt your own mate, Duncan. And if you tried to Ezra is enough capable of taking you down. I trust my brother"

"Should I be happy that you thought I wouldn't hurt my mate or sad that you trust Ezra and not me?"

"You are wise to choose" Easton stated before getting up from the table.

"Easton you-" Duncan came on to his best friend to slap him on the head. Easton dodges it with a grin and hits Duncan in the gut. "Ahhh" Duncan caught his stomach, bending down.

"You are still bad at reflexes" Easton shakes his head. "Come on, we got training to do and you are instructing 'cause you didn't have breakfast," Easton said cheekily slipping off from the room.

"W-what? You didn't tell me that earlier?" Duncan stomped his way to the pack ground. If only he had known that there would be training, he would've had full of his lunch so that he wouldn't have to do any.
"Ughh!! why me?"

"It's a punishment for pouncing on my brother"

"But I did not!"

"Yeah, but thought of it, didn't you?" Easton had a smirk sitting on his plump lips. Duncan pulled on his hair unable to reply. "Come on now"

"Yeah I'm coming, you fox"

*growl*

"G-guys!" Duncan ran to the ground in a flash of light.

---------------------

"Twenty laps first" Easton announce clapping his hands to attract the attention of the pack. The training mostly consisted of adults male and females. The teenagers were back in school and wouldn't be out for the next two hours. They will have to join the evening session with Blake and Easton in lead.

Duncan guided the pack forward through woods in their wolf forms. Arion was a fast and strong wolf compared to any other but then again you couldn't expect any less from a dominant beta of a pack. Both Duncan and his wolf had similar personalities but Arion was strict on pack matters, so he knows when to put people in line.

*Ping*

"Easton, did you put the mattress out in the sun?"

"I did"