CHAPTER 30

"Haha. Y-you are adorable" the older alpha laughed looking at his mate who had flour on his cheek. He glides his thumb over the place to get it off and also enjoying the heat emitting from his mate's cheek. Blake had all his hair and face messed up. They have been in the kitchen for a while now and it was past two a.m. . To be honest enough, they did not get to make one dish, they were wanting to eat for the past two hours. It was supposed to be a midnight snack but they shall have it for breakfast.

"Calling a man "adorable" is disrespect, Mr. Knight" Blake huffed, pushing away his mate's hand.

"But, you are adorable, Mrs. Knight" Easton pinched his man's cheek gaining a whine from the younger alpha.

"I'm not your wife!" Blake glared.

"But you will be, one day" Easton grinned hopefully.

"Says the man who doesn't even say an "I love you" back" Blake squinted his eyes and observed Easton's panicked expression. The older alpha's lips stretched in a smirk and he pushed his mate by the shoulder. He was in a funny mood.

"Then maybe I don't love you yet" he teased cheerfully which didn't hurt Blake the way it should. 

"Asshole. I don't love you too. Hmph!"

"Aww, cutie" Easton hugged his sulky mate from behind, tight, as they continued to knead the pizza dough.

-----------------

"M-maybe, he actually doesn't l-love me, mom" Blake broke down into tears in his mother's lap. His mind was blurry from all the memories he had with his mate for the past month. No one in the world would've thought that Easton Knight and Blake Jensen, two big names in California's supernatural world would not try to slit each other's throats and live peacefully.

But, not anymore.

"Shh. It's his bad luck, Blake" Cora stroked his son's hair. It did hurt her physically to watch Blake suffer like this but then again this is what she wanted from the start. Then why did it hurt this bad for her? "I already told you he was no good" she continued.

The words made Blake spring from his mother's lap. "No, mom. He is perfect. It's my f-fault" he picked, gulping down the tears. "That I-I loved him too fast" tears gushed from his eyes.

Kai was mourning on the inside and refused to speak to Blake. He was rejected, they were rejected by their mate, whom they loved against the world, against nature, against their own heart.

"My fault-" he cried walking to the window and gazing at the rain. The clouds were dark and down, the water in their lawn flowed in channels disappearing into the forest. This scene reminded him of the night when he was tucked in Easton's arms and talking about Cora's arrival.

Thankfully, after his mother returned Blake's episodes were lessened and then eventually faded away. The major part of the credit goes to Easton.

And now Blake felt cold like ice without his mate's warm hands around him. "It's not your-"

"Please leave me alone, mom" Blake managed between his tears. Cora looked one last time at his son's back and exited the room. Blake slid down at the wall near the window and closed his puffy eyes.

"I miss you" he blurted with his eyes running dry.

----------------------

"Ezra, I'm s-sor" Duncan tried to say in between his laughs but was unable to. After leaving his poor and young mate alone at the table, Ezra had to empty his wallet to pay for the expensive restaurant, where they just had drinks.