Epilogue

Aelin stood there with a one-year old Sirius Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius in her arms. The boy had blonde hair and pine green eyes ringed with gold. He was babbling in his mother's arms, looking warily at his new surroundings. They were in Rithfold castle for another Yulemas. Rowan was standing beside them, occasionally muttering Merry Yulemas to passers-by. Elena, Garen and Hafiza were playing in the garden.

Hafiza had grown tall for her age with the same golden brown hair like her mother though less bouncier and that golden brown skin just a little fairer. However, her copper brown eyes and other features were very Chaol-ish.

Aelin and the others went to the dining room. It was almost time for the lunch.

"Where are the kids?" Lysandra asked as she scanned the room.

"They said they'll eat later. They are too busy playing in the garden to bother about food." Yrene answered as she helped herself with some potatoes.

Aelin nodded. Let them play.

"We have a surprise." Dorian shouted, bringing a very reluctant Manon with him. Everyone's attention shot towards the two of them as Dorian showed them the ring which he wore on the ring finger. It was a gold ring with a big ruby. Manon had a similar ring on her left ring finger. The only difference was that it had a big sapphire stone instead of the red gem.

Manon and Dorian were engaged.

"I knew it." Evangeline shrieked. Proud to have seen this coming years ago.

The others showed no sign of surprise.

"Took you long enough." Aelin whispered to Dorian as she congratulated both of them.

"Guys, this was supposed to be a surprise." Dorian said, taken aback.

"Why, we knew this like ages ago." Fenrys said.

"Was I that bad at hiding this?" Dorian said, a little frown forming on his face.

"You were terrible." Aelin affirmed. The frown increased.

"Manon wasn't any better." Lysandra said but that made the witch bare her iron teeth so she added, "And I think that's cute."

They had a toast to the 'newly engaged couple'.

"Well, we have been meaning to tell you all something." Elide said, shyly getting up from the chair. Lorcan followed.

"I am pregnant." She said, almost like a whisper. There were rounds and rounds of congratulations again.

"That's why you didn't drink?" Fenrys asked though he knew the answer. Elide murmured a yes.

"Now, that's what you call a surprise." Aelin teased the king.

"But seriously, who proposed?" Lysandra said, always ready for juicy details.

"Oh it was her." Dorian said proudly, "She was down on her knees, begging me to marry her."

Manon gave him a dangerous look that could chill the blood of anyone else but Dorian just shrugged it off.

"It was me." He said truthfully.

"How did you?" Aelin asked, now interested to get the details.

"It was lame. He was on knee and just asked, 'Will you marry me, witchling?'."Manon said dryly.

"And yet you said yes." Dorian said, a bit hurt at how Manon described the proposal.

They ate the rest lunch in peace. Sirius' loud cry broke the silence.

"What happened, Siri? Let Mama eat." Aelin shouted at the top of her voice.

"He may want a diaper change. You should go." Elide said softly.

Aelin half-heartedly got up from the table and walked towards the room where Sirius was yelling in his crib. She came back ten minutes later and sat quietly on her seat. She ate half of the chocolate hazelnut cake which was the dessert for everyone but no one dared tell her that. They had to do with the small puddings.

"That may be the reason why Sirius' first word was cake." Rowan whispered to Aedion, who nearly chocked on his food.

The gift exchanging took place two hours after lunch.

"This is by far the most thoughtful gift I have ever received." Lysandra declared as she saw the shining nightgown from Aelin. She had torn the wrapping paper to shreds when Aelin had told her what was inside. Dorian pretended not to see it and slowly unwrapped his present, his wrapping paper came out in one piece. He saw a red night suit there.

"Really, Aelin? You give the ladies the best nightgowns and we get this lame piece of clothing." He said to Aelin who was busy telling Manon the uses of nightgowns.

Indeed, she had given nightgowns to the ladies and matching night suits to the men. Elide and Yrene were furiously blushing at how scandalous Aelin's nightgown choices were. Elide had got a black one while Yrene had a light blue one. Lysandra's was bright silver which literally shines.

"Well, unless you want one of them for yourself, I don't see any problem." Aelin said with a feral grin.

"I thought I'd give you these but you don't deserve it." He replied scathingly as he showed her a pile of five best romance novels.

"Dorian Havilliard, you better give those to me or feel my wrath." Aelin took a threatening step towards him.

"I was going to give those to you anyways." He gave the pile to Aelin who immediately passed it to Rowan and gave him a rib-breaking hug.

"Thanks Dori." She said and freed her right hand to point Chaol to join their bro-hug. He hesitated for a moment but came running towards them after a second.

The children were back too, going straight to Yrene.

"Mommy, we are hungry." Hafiza said.

Aelin gave a look towards the kids. Sirius was sleeping Fenrys' arms who was his godfather. Hafiza and Elena were trying to convince Yrene how it was Garen's fault that they missed the lunch. Evangeline had grown up now, standing beside Lysandra who was just an inch taller than her. The others too were smiling brightly.

She looked at Dorian and Chaol and tightened the hug as they looked towards the horizon.

This was they had wanted. This was what they had fought for. A happy world.

Well, I don't know what to say except Thank you

Well, I don't know what to say except Thank you. I had never thought anybody would read my first book but you guys proved me wrong. This has over 2k views now and I can't find good words to describe my feelings. I am so happy and satisfied that I did this. Anyways, I'd like to specially thank lissamzrakhik123 ,  ZaiZepp05 , fallingforfandoms_14  and karema_28 for the votes and/or comments. You are the reason I continued writing this book.

Plus thanks also to the ones who put this book on their reading lists. I really appreciate you guys.

Love,

Memeismeme : )