Lunch time

Hey everyone, We are back again. 

 "This looks good."  Elide said as she entered the room.

Aelin smiled and indicated all of them to take their seats. Aelin sat on the head of house chair with Rowan to her right and Fenrys to her left. Aedion, Lysandra and Evangeline sat to Rowan's side while Lorcan and Elide sat to Fenrys' side. They all had a plate in from of them and a bigger one in the middle containing the salad. They were about to start when Aelin asked, "Lorcan, what are you doing?"

Lorcan who was sitting with closed eyes and joint hands didn't move but the shifter hissed, "Praying to Hellas so you survive this lunch, aren't you?"

He gave a wicked smile and soon they started eating. Aelin burnt everything Lysandra ate till she apologized.

"Will you stop it? Don't be such a kid." Lysandra said but seeing Aelin's face, she knew Aelin had no idea to stop whatsoever.

Defeated, the shifter said, "Ok, fine. I am sorry." Aelin gave a triumphant grin and went back to eating the salad.

She served everyone a heap of curry rice and then started eating once again.

"I thought you had make sandwiches." Fenrys said as he took the first bite, "But curry rice is good too." Of course, he didn't want Aelin to burn his food. Aelin still scowled at him.

"This tastes familiar." Aedion said.

"I think it is...It is..." Elide said and looked at Aelin with an am-I-correct face. Aedion too looked at her expectantly.

"Yes." Aelin nodded and narrated the story about how her mother, the Queen, would cook this for the entire castle on every happy occasion – victory in battle, new alliances won, and birthdays.

Rowan understood why Aelin wanted to make the curry rice today. Of course, coronation was a happy occasion so her mother would have made this too.

All their eyes were wet as they talked about the old days but they were still laughing.

Evangeline ate silently and blushed to herself. Finally, she had a family. They all had another heap of curry rice and then Aelin brought the blueberry tart cut into eight equal pieces.

"I am allergic to blueberries." Fenrys said. So the extra tart was left on its plate.

Aelin, Lysandra and Aedion all wanted that extra piece but in the end, Aelin won. She had various claims over the tart – it was she who thought to make it, it was she who baked it, she was going to be their queen, she finished her tart first and last but not the least, she wanted it.

"Did your mother make this too?" Lysandra asked.

"No, she made a milk dessert sort of thing. I didn't like it much and honestly, I don't remember how to make it." Aelin admitted, munching the last bite of her tart.

 Don't forget to like, vote, comment and share if you enjoyed this. See you soon.

Love,                                                                                                                          Memeismeme : )