Old Friends back again

Hey! There are few more new (old) characters coming in this chapter.

Dorian, Manon, Chaol and Yrene entered the castle to find Aelin and others ready to welcome them. Aelin hugged them and told them to come with them to the castle but Dorian stopped. He whistled and the soldiers moved aside to let a golden furred dog run towards them. The big dog went straight to Aelin and rubbed his nose on her legs.

"Oh! Fleetfoot, you never stop growing, do you?" Aelin said and sat on her knees to let it lick her face. It had really grown a lot. She played for a while and then looked into its molten caramel eyes.

"You are staying here now. No more trips."

Fleetfoot gave a joyful woof. He went to Evangeline who too cuddled her for a while.

"If you have finished playing, can we go to the castle?" Manon said and Aelin led them all in. Fleetfoot followed them silently. It had been with Dorian for more than three months and finally, they have come HOME.

Elide showed them their rooms which were on the second floor of the other side of the castle. Chaol and Yrene shared a room while Dorian and Manon went in two separate rooms. They put their stuff there joined others at the dining room on the first floor. The lunch was ready (thanks to Emrys, Malakai and Luca) and soon they started eating.

"Your soldiers don't mind to live in the first floor corridor, do they?" Aelin asked.

"No, no. They can even go back. I don't feel threatened here." Dorian said, eating some roasted potatoes.

"But your safety is their duty." Chaol objected.

In the end, it was decided that they would stay here at the first floor corridor.

Fleetfoot sat between Aelin and Dorian's chair, licking everything on the plate kept in front of her. They talked there for almost an hour about things they had never discussed before.

"I thought Nesryn and Sartaq would be accompanying you." Rowan said for the first time during this lunch.

"She was going to but there was a last minute change in the plan. She will be here before dinner." Yrene explained.

Luca cleaned up the table and the old friends left the room. Elide and Aelin went with the new guests to their room.

"Feel free to ask if you need anything." Aelin said and both of them went back to their own rooms.

"It is good to have some friends come over like this. We would get bored alone in this huge castle." Lysandra said to Aedion.

"Yes, it is more than good. Plus he brought Fleetfoot back. Aelin is very happy."

"I bet Rowan is not." Lysandra laughed.

And of course, he wasn't. Aelin was playing with the dog for almost an hour now and Rowan was just sitting on the bed with zero attention. He didn't realize when he dozed off but when he woke up he saw Fleetfoot sleeping in the laps of an also-sleeping Aelin. He grunted and got up from the bed. 

Thanks for reading. Please vote, share and comment if you liked this. I was thinking about having some manorian in the next chapter so comment down your thoughts and ideas.

Love,                                                                                                                                      Memeismeme : )