Presents

It is Aelin's birthday!!!

Aelin drowsily turned to the other side of the bed, hoping to find her mate still asleep but there was no Rowan. She could only feel a bit of his warmth on the blanket. She instantly woke up (that being her first instinct when she doesn't find him with her). She forced herself to get down from the bed and reassured herself that he may be just wandering in the castle. Nothing to be worried about.

Her eyes fell on the heap of presents at the corner. God, yes it was her birthday. She hadn't had such birthday gifts in quite a lot time to be honest. She went straight towards it, not bothering to wash herself up first. There were gifts of various sizes; the largest being wrapped in a shiny blue paper and the smallest wrapped in a relatively dull yellow. Aelin opened the largest one first.

It was a huge collection of the most assorted types of chocolates. It was sort of like a building with seven floors, each having a dozen of chocolates. She had never seen such a big chocolate gift. There was a small parchment attached to it that said:

"Happy Birthday Aelin. Here is a sweet gift for the sweetest person I know.

- Dorian H."

He was just so cute. Aelin could never thank him enough. She was about to eat one of those chocolate when she realized that she hadn't brushed her teeth yet. Unwillingly, she opened the second gift - a beautiful red dress from Lysandra and Aedion. It had a deep neck and frills covered the lower part. Aelin knew she was going to look absolutely stunning in this. Lysandra did have a choice for such things. The third one was a new bow and arrow from Nesryn and Sartaq. Next one was a delicate necklace from Fenrys. It was of gold and a bright diamond hung at its end. She was definitely wearing it today. Then there was a handwritten book named 'Tales from the Story Keeper'. Emrys really wrote down a good amount of tales because that book was real thick.

Yrene and Chaol gifted her a brooch very similar to the one Aelin had once given her years ago except that instead of red and gold, it was green and silver. Yrene had had to search a lot for this. Aelin's lip curved into a smile as she thought of those fond old memories. Lorcan and Elide had given a pretty mug with her initials engraved near the bottom (clearly they weren't the type for a gift).

Now only Rowan's gift remained. It was a wooden box into which the scenery of Terrasen was carved. Simple as it may seem, it appealed Aelin the most. She opened it and her mouth fell open by what she saw. Slowly, the tears started flowing. It was a crown, made of platinum with a delicate design. It was adorned with seven emeralds each the size of a little peanut. It represented the seven members of her Inner court. The antlers of the stag in the front were divided into twenty three branches, each representing a state of Terrasen. Her mate was so thoughtful.

"Happy Birthday, Fireheart." Rowan said, leaning against the door.

She was so lost into thoughts that she didn't realize when he entered. Rowan was standing right in front of her unhurt. When she heard his voice, there was no hiding any emotion. She simply ran towards, crashing into him for a tight hug.

"Thank you, Buzzard."

"We need to hurry. The ceremony will start in an hour or two." Rowan said, returning the hug.

"Where were you?"

"I was just checking the arrangements for the ceremony." He answered truthfully.

Plese vote, comment and share if you liked this. You can give some suggestions for the presents. I may change the original one if  they are really good.

Love, 

Memeismeme : )