Birthday Celebration

There was a knock on the door. Aelin went to open the door to find the white-haired witch waiting for her.

"Happy Birthday." Manon said as she showed Aelin the silver-hilted sword. It was not new, definitely belonged to someone else. Aelin thanked her and accepted the gift. She looked at it admiringly. It was some good witch weapon. She thought she had seen it somewhere.

"It was Asterin's." Manon said slowly as if guessing what was on Aelin's mind.

Aelin was overwhelmed. A witch giving a thing which belonged to someone else meant she thought of her like that person. Manon had accepted her as family; Manon had just accepted her as a sister. Aelin hugged the witch queen tightly. She looked at the sword again, it was a bit wet. Was she crying? No. She looked at Manon's face, tears had come flowing down.

She had seen the pain in her eyes even before Manon broke into a sob. The pain of losing your cousin. Aelin could never imagine her life without Aedion. No, she shuddered at the very thought of his death. They hadn't even spent that much time together but still Aelin and Aedion were still cousins and the fact that Manon and Asterin probably had hundreds of years to bond just made thee witch's death more inbearable.

"Your wild like fire attitude, your golden hair and that little gold in your eyes, it reminds me of her."Manon accepted, trying to hold back her tears. She had been meaning to tell that for a long time now but never could. This was the first time she had spoken of her cousin. She felt relieved as if a big weight had been taken off her shoulders. They didn't know what to speak for few minutes.

"What are going to name it?" Manon asked, finally in control of her emotions.

"Fire-wielder." Aelin said after thinking for some time.

"Nice name." Manon told and turned to go back but Aelin caught her in another hug.

"Thank you." Aelin slurred. They parted with a hand wave and Manon went on her way.

"Just don't tell anyone we hugged and cried like children." She shouted.

The party was just borderline wild. The food looked absolutely delightful and also there was music and dance. They had a temporary counter at the corner of the room with all sorts of alcohol. None of them actually drank too much of it. The last thing Aelin wanted to hear was news spreading among the people that the Queen did something really stupid due to intoxication. But that didn't stop them from drinking occasional swigs. Everybody was dancing with their partners. Lysandra and Aedion would have clearly won if that was a competition. Dorian had asked Manon to dance with him and surprisingly, she accepted the offer. Maybe she WAS drunk. Rowan and Aelin were dancing slowly, relishing every moment of it while Elide and Lorcan were having a small fight because Lorcan wouldn't dance. She finally managed to make him come on the dance floor.

Fenrys and Evangeline sat at the table, looking at the others enjoying themselves. They didn't have a partner to dance and honestly, dancing was not their thing. They had rather just stay here, watch and comment on the 'dancers'

Rowan and Aelin never broke the stare and Lorcan was dancing very stiffly.

"I never knew Manon could dance." Evangeline said, chewing some sweets.

"Neither did I. But she looks happy." Fenrys replied thoughtfully.

There was a permanent smile plastered on her face as she danced with the black-haired king.

"So are those two a thing?" Evangeline asked coyly.

"I don't know. They do look good together." Fenrys said. They continued looking at them silently. 

Sorry if Manon sounds out of character but I wanted her and Aelin to have a moment plus I really, really wanted to mention ASTERIN. I'll be updating soon.

Love,

Memeismeme : )