The Royal way

"You really need to take more care of your hair. They are a mess." Aelin said, pouring some of the contents of a purple bottle. Aelin gently massaged the lavender-scented shampoo on Rowan's head. He just purred, half of his body submerged in the water. Aelin sat on a chair near the bathtub, washing her mate's hair because he simply didn't care enough to do it. Rowan cleansed himself while Aelin made preparations for her bath.

Rowan, with only a green cotton towel tied around his waist, waited near the bathtub to ask Aelin if she wanted him to return the favor. Aelin politely refused the offer.

So, Rowan went out to change into a fresh suit. Aelin came after some time, dressed in a dazzling green gown. It was backless, showing off her tattoo, and silver designs covered most of the top part. She had tough time to do her hair herself but she finally managed to do a fancy braid. Rowan couldn't stop gawking at her. The Gods must be seriously happy with him to give him such a beautiful mate. Aelin, on the other side, could not keep her eye off Rowan dressed in the most kingly outfit ever. The green suit lined with silver fur almost reached his knees and a silver cape flowed from the shoulder. He wore matching green pants and had his hair combed neatly.

Aelin watched him for some seconds, a smile spread on her face, and then walked towards the door. Rowan gently stopped her from leaving the room and latched the door. He held her left hand with his right, pinning it to the door while his other hand grabbed her waist. Aelin too moved her free hand throughout his torso, finally settling for a spot near his shoulders.

"You look gorgeous." was all Rowan managed to say.

"I know. You look handsome too." Aelin could see Rowan blush a little.

He leaned in, his face in line with hers.

"You are the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to this world."

Now it was Aelin's turn to blush. She gave a small peck on his cheeks and then hit with one of her mischievous looks. Before Rowan could realize what was that for, Aelin had unlatched the door with her free hand and was running down the corridor in her fae speed. Rowan grumbled something under his breath and ran to catch up with his mate. When he caught up with her, they slowed down to a brisk pace. They walked through numerous corridors and stairs before reaching the desired place. They were standing in a tall, grey room with a door far too beautiful for it. The door itself was huge, made of fine wood and decorated with gold handles.

"That was rude." Rowan frowned, folding his hands.

"I had no choice. We would have been late for the ceremony." Aelin said with the sweetest smile she could make.

Rowan gave in, offering her a hand which Aelin gladly accepted.

"It we do it, we do it the Royal way." Aelin said and Rowan opened the door.

Please do vote and share this story. I also need suggestions for the name of this chapter because I am not quite satisfied with the current one.

Love,

Memeismeme : )