you mad, bro? • evan buckley; 9-1-1

request: "Can u do evan-buckley x reader where buck transfers to texas firehouse and he and the reader are in a relationship after sometime and when reader tries to talk members 118 they are rude especially. Eddie And for buck that is too much he takes a stand for himself and reader as well .just some buck and reader fluff and some angst"
warning(s): language; some angst
other notes: alright so i wasn't exactly sure how you wanted this so i just did my own thing. i hope you like it :)

i suck i'm sorry this took so long honey; also I didn't want all of them to be rude sorry so i just had eddie be an eggplant emoji

title who??
keywords: f/f: favorite fruit

.

.

.

you and buck met shortly after he'd transferred to the 126. you'd met through marjan, your best friend.

her captain, owen strand, had hosted a dinner to welcome him to the team, which she'd invited you to. she was eager to introduce you to everyone. and once she introduced you to buck ... well, the rest was history.

you and buck hit it off right away, eventually going out on "friendly" outings, which soon turned into "are we dating, are we not?" outings, which eventually became "yes we're dating" outings.

you began spending every other weekend at his apartment.

this was one of those weekends.

your six month anniversary is today, and you want to make him a special meal and dessert to celebrate this milestone.

you're in the kitchen watching over the roast you have simmering in the crockpot along with chopped baby potatoes and cut up carrots; currently you are slicing butter to place atop the white cake mix you spread over f/f filling.

and you're not exactly sure what buck is doing until—

"eddie!" you hear him exclaim from the living room. in the course of your relationship, you'd heard quite a bit about the members of his old team, the 118.

so of course you knew about eddie diaz, buck's best friend. they were kind of like brothers.

"there's someone i want you to meet," you hear him say. "hold on. i'll be right back."

he appears in the kitchen, giving you a nervous smile.

"so," he leans against the wall. "i'm talking to eddie right now. want to meet him?"

you give him a bright smile, nodding. he turns around, walking back into the living room and taking his seat in his chair. you sit on the arm next to him, craning your neck so your face is in the frame.

"eddie?" he calls out, realizing his friend isn't around right now. all he can see is the kitchen area of the 118 firestation. "ed?"

ed's camera spins around the room, and comes to settle on not only eddie but the entire 118 and the wife of the captain of the 118, athena grant. buck's old coworkers all give bright smiles and wave at the camera, cries of "we miss you so much!" and "why did you leave?" and a single "how's texas?" from athena.

"it can get hot," buck answers with a small laugh. "but i like it here a lot. everyone is so nice—"

you let out a silent scoff, remembering marjan's story of the racist and homophobic old lady who'd called 9-1-1 on her spanish neighbors for cooking underground steak.

"hey, who's that gorgeous woman?" hen exclaims cheerily, catching sight of you.

a blush crosses your face and you cover your mouth to hide the smile.

"guys, i'd like you to meet y/n. she's my girl."

"hello!" everyone says to you, all smiles and bright eyes. all except eddie, who doesn't say anything. he reaches off camera, bringing a water bottle on screen. he unscrews the cap, takes a sip.

"uhm, hello everyone! i've heard so much about all of you. especially you, eddie." you smile at the dark-haired firefighter in the center.

"glad one of us has," he sneers.

"you didn't tell him about me?" you quietly ask buck. you'd figured he'd at least tell eddie about you.

"no, he didn't." eddie continues, eyes narrowing. his next words are to buck. "he did tell me he found a great reason to stay in austin, and i just can't believe it's you."

your brows shoot up.

"eddie," nash growls under his breath.

"you're not buck's type," eddie continues. "trust me."

"dude!" buck snaps. "what is your problem?"

eddie scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"you know what? i don't care. everyone else, hope to talk to you later. bye."

buck slams the computer shut. you swear you can practically feel the steam coming from his ears. you rest a hand on his shoulder, patting softly.

"i'm so sorry that happened." buck mumbles, wrapping his arms around you.

"it's fine," you say. "i get it. he's jealous."

"he's acting like we're ten years old and you're going to take me away from him forever."

"i would never dream of it." you softly chuckle, placing a hand on his chest. "hey, buck?"

"yes?"

"i love you," you kiss his chin.

you stand up, walking into the kitchen to check on the roast, leaving him in momentary shock. you turn off the crockpot, as you notice it's ready to eat.

"ugh, the butter's all melted!" you groan, as you notice the little wet spots on the cake mix under the slices of butter atop the cake mix. "hm, let's just see how it works out. can't be bad."

you grab the handle of the pan, and are about to place it in the oven before you feel buck's strong arms wrap around you.

he kisses your cheek.

"i love you too."