"if you turn down the christmas music, i'll kill you" • bill denbrough; it 2017

genre(s): fluff
pairing(s): bill denbrough x reader
fandom: it 2017/2019
warnings: shouldn't be any; if there are any, please feel free to point them out!
other notes: shite ending
keywords: —

.

.

.

"last christmas i gave you my heart

and the very next day, you gave it away..."

music blares through the radio's speakers, and you hum along as you mindfully wrap the view master up in a generous square of e.t. wrapping paper.

"i'll give it to someone special."

"tag," you say, holding your hand out towards your boyfriend. "bill?"

you look up at the dark-haired, light eyed boy to find him currently invested in whatever it is he's sketching.

"bill!" you say a little louder, but the words still don't grab his attention. you grab the roll of tape you'd been using and chuck it at his sketchbook, "bill!"

he startles at the tape roll falling into his lap and looks up at you.

"i'm hiding from you, and your soul of ice ..."

"sorry, what?" bill says over the music, though you barely hear him. you make a gesture in the air, like you're writing something and mouth tag. "maybe if we turned down ..."

bill places his sketchbook on the floor, standing up and walking over to the radio. you bolt up, leaping onto the eldest denbrough boy's back.

"william denbrough, if you turn down the christmas music, i'll murder you." you snarl, gently tugging on his hair.

"ow ow!" he exclaims, his arms reaching back to smack at your hands. "y/n, get off of me! i'm sorry, okay? i'm sorry!"

you jump off of him, your hands on your hips. you pull your suck on your bottom lip as your boyfriend turns to face you, frowning.

"i'm sorry too," you murmur, eyes downcast. "anyways, i asked for the tags. and uhm, i guess you can turn it down but just a little bit. please? i need this to keep me in the holiday spirit."

bill reaches behind him, turning the dial down on the radio just a notch.

he keeps his gaze locked on yours as he goes back to his prior spot and picks up his sketchbook and pencil. you go back to the present you'd wrapped for georgie; bill tosses you the gift tags as a new song begins playing.

you write down georgie's name, stick the tag on the gift, and place the gift on the small stack of presents you got going on.

bill sketches away as you begin wrapping eddie's present— a brand new fanny pack in which you'd sewn "e. kaspbrak" onto the main pocket, stuffed with medical supplies such as gauze, band-aids, antibacterial ointment, and latex free gloves.

the two of you continue like this for several more minutes, you wrapping presents and bill working on his sketch, until he calls for your attention.

when you look up, bill shows you his art. it's a colored sketch of you sitting in front of the tree, surrounded by presents.

you gasp in awe at the work, always astounded by his artistic ability.

he tears the paper out of the sketchbook, scribbling something in the corner before handing it to you.

i love you even though you'll murder me for turning down the christmas music.