ten minutes • kendall knight; big time rush

genre(s): angst
pairing(s): kendall knight x jo taylor; kendall knight x reader
characters: kendall knight; jo taylor; logan mitchell
fandom: big time rush
warning(s): infidelity; unedited
other notes: look, i fricking love kendall and jo, okay?? idek why i wrote this
keywords: y/n: your name
y/ht: your hometown

.

.

.

logan was your best friend. had been ever since he and his three best friends from minnesota arrived at the palm woods four years ago.

which is why logan knew he had to tell you what he'd just discovered. even if it would break your heart.

"y/n, please?" logan pleads, even folding his hands in front of his chest. "i just need ten minutes—"

"why would you say that?" you snap at your best friend. "why would you even say that?"

"i saw! i saw them kissing in kendall's room the other day when she came over for help with a script. i wouldn't tel you this if it wasn't true."

you purse your lips.

"jo's over there right now? with kendall?"

you'd been dating kendall for over a year. it had been probably the best relationship of your life. he was so sweet and caring and protective and loyal. so you thought.

"yes," logan sighs.

without another word, you head toward the elevator. logan follows you into the shaft. you press the button you know so well, except this time instead of excitement, your heart is thudding in your chest, anticipating the possibile heartbreak you might come face-to-face with when logan opens the door to apartment 2j.

"so you're going to ... have ..." you hear kendall say.

"yeah," no question about it. that's definitely jo.

"and you want me to help you?" there's not a hint of nervousness in his voice, it's teasing. you can almost see the smirk on his face.

"you were my first and– you're the only one i trust this much. i wouldn't want to practice with anyone butyou."

"mhm," and then you hear the smack of kissing.

you cringe slightly, reaching back for logan's arms.

"kendall, i still love you. i've always loved you," jo hums.

"i'll always love you," kendall admits.

you don't notice your nails are digging into logan's arms until he flinches back, letting out a small squeak.

"logan?" kendall's voice comes.

you hear him get up.

you want to move, to get out of there as fast as you can and call your mom who's currently back home in y/ht to tell her you're coming back home. you don't want to face kendall, or jo for that matter. or anyone else at the palm woods ever again.

"y/n?" kendall swallows hard upon seeing you standing there, your nails still digging into logan's forearm.

the dark-haired boy is sure he's bleeding by now, and will have bruises later.

you notice kendall has the door open only enough for you to see him, to keep the line of sight from the door to his bed from you.

you let go of logan, to his silent relief, and straighten up, offering kendall a smile.

"i uhm, just wanted to tell you that i'm going back home," you say. "my uhm, my grandma's sick."

he furrows his brows, unaware you had a grandma who was still around. your dad's mom passed shortly after the two of you had started dating. and you'd never mentioned your mom's mother so he just assumed she wasn't around either.

"i think we should break up," you don't sound as heartbroken as you should, refusing to let kendall know you're keen on his infidelity. "i just– i don't think it'd be good– for us."

he doesn't fight you on it, which you're simultaneously grateful for and pissed about. he just swallows hard, giving you a curt nod.

"i'll see you around?" he murmurs.

you shake your head. "no, i don't think you will. i uh, don't think hollywood is the place for me. but tell your mom and katie i said bye and i'll miss them."

you sniffle as it suddenly hits you how much you'd miss mrs. knight and the younger knight sibling. you wipe your nose, releasing a fake sneeze in hopes of passing off the almost-breakdown as allergies.

you give logan a hug, who's beyond shocked to hug you back. even he didn't think you'd take it this far.

"tell james and carlos bye for me," you whisper in his ear.

you pat logan on the shoulder before walking out of the apartment you'd once loved so much.

it's when you step into the elevator that you finally let the dam break.