secret gifts • erica jones; my babysitter's a vampire

genre(s): fluff
pairing(s): erica jones x reader
fandom: my babysitter's a vampire
warnings: none; if there are any, feel free to point them out!
other notes: —
keywords: —

.

.

.

although your family planned on heading to your grandparents' house for christmas, this would technically be your first christmas with your girlfriend erica jones so you'd wanted to get her a little something.

you'd already purchased the cutest, yet simple, gold necklace but you weren't sure how you were going to give it to her.

shortly before halloween, she'd made you promise not to get her anything and of course, you'd agreed.

then you saw said necklace at the mall and before you could even think about it, you were swiping your card and walking out with a necklace for your girlfriend.

it was your mom who'd given you the idea. she'd been leaning against your doorframe, casually sipping on a cup of coffee while watching you have a mini crisis about this particular thing.

"just say it's from santa and ask one of those boys for help sneaking it into her locker," she finally blurted.

"that is a wonderful idea, mom." you'd jumped up to hug her, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "thank you."

,..,

as you do every day after the final bell, you wait for erica by her locker. the halls are bustling with students eager to get out of whitechapel high for the holidays.

you can't blame them.

upon seeing you, she smiles brightly, and once close enough, she leans down, pressing her lips against yours for a short kiss.

"hey babe!" she says as she pulls away, going to open her locker. you greet her back, quickly telling her how excited you are to go visit your grandparents in toronto. you know she's seen the gift when she says, "huh?"

she pulls the little square box, perfectly wrapped in chrome red paper and topped off with a matte green bow, out of her locker. she peruses it thoughtfully, nodding to herself, hums.

"what's this?" she asks, turning to you, quirking an eyebrow.

you feign ignorance, shrugging. "is there a tag?"

she finds one under the bow.

"it says 'from santa,'" she reads aloud. it's accompanied by an eye roll.

"then it must be from santa."

"y/n," she starts, and you can hear the lecture she's about to give you before she even starts speaking. now you roll your eyes.

"i didn't do anything!" you hold up your hands in defense, before stepping forward and reaching to grab her free hand in yours. you smile up at her. "it's from santa, baby. open it; i want to see what it is."

erica groans deep in her throat. "santa's handwriting looks suspiciously like yours."

"hm. hadn't noticed."

but per your request, erica peels off the wrapping paper to reveal a small box. she removes the lid, pulling out a black velvet case.

flipping up the lid reveals a small bezel set diamond at the center of a delicate gold chain. her jaw drops.

"this is beautiful, y/n. i- thank you."

"you're welcome." you say, realising your mistake a second too late. your eyes widen and you open your mouth to take it back, to maybe say you were just saying it "for santa" but erica beats you to it.

"i knew it!"