warm baths • nikolai wolf; jennifer's body

genre(s): fluffffffffff
pairing(s): nikolai wolf x reader
fandom: is jennifer's body considered a fandom?? idk
warnings: unedited; assume two people are nude; my writing. if you find anything else, feel free to point it out
other notes: i'm whipped for adam brody & my best friend​ bet me i wouldn't actually write for an adam brody character so here we are
keywords: —

.

.

.

upon entering your shared apartment, nikolai notices you're not curled up against the arm of the sofa, which is unusual. by the time he gets home, you're usually in said spot, nursing a cup of your fave beverage, watching whatever had managed to capture your interest.

the lights of the christmas tree are off as well, another unusual feat, as you preferred them to be on from the hours of six pm to (at least) ten am.

then he hears the soft instrumental of his band's "through the trees" coming from the bathroom. he sets his guitar by the door and slips off his shirt, navigating the dark pathway to the wash room.

the door is barely open, a faint glow illuminating from beneath the door. he pushes the door open to find multiple one-wick candles on the counter and lining the tub, filling the air with a mixture of pine and gingerbread.

you're leaning back against the tub, eyes shut, surrounded by an abundance of bubbles. nikolai smirks to himself, ridding himself of the rest of his clothes before stepping into the bathroom and up to the tub. he leans down on his knees, slowly dipping his hand into the water; he squeezes your thigh.

"argh!" you yelp, eyes shooting open. you glare at your boyfriend, one hand emerging from the water to smack at his shoulder. then you notice his lack of clothes and smile softly. "you gonna join me? water's still warm."

"scooch," he says with a hand gesture towards the faucet. you scoot forward, allowing nikolai to climb in behind you.

he sits down in the tub, stretching out his legs and you lean back against his chest, allowing him to wrap his arms around you. he rests his chin on your shoulder.

"i've missed you." you hum, your eyes fluttering closed again.

"hm," nikolai's hands leisurely run up and down your thighs. "i have the same schedule every week."

"and i miss you so much during those six hours."

you roll your head to the side, breathing him in. he smells like the mint gum he always chews, like the blue cypress and coastal cologne he puts on every day; those scents slowly mixing in with the vanilla truffle bubble bath you'd used.

"four years later and you haven't changed." he notes with a small chuckle, his long fingers now brushing through your hair.

when you first started dating, you could hardly stand to be away from your boyfriend. and, as he'd just pointed out, it's not much different now— you admired his passion and dedication to his craft, but could hardly stand to be away from him longer than the course of your average superhero movie, and that's just being generous to yourself.

you turn, your chest now pressed flat against his, and look into his dark eyes, accentuated by the black liner. you wonder why he wears eyeliner to the studio, not that you mind.

his hand comes up, resting against the back of your neck.

the two of you lounge in the bathtub for you're not even sure how long; until nikolai states that the water is cold and he bends forward, awkwardly bending you back, to pull the stopper out of the tub.

he gets out first, wrapping the one towel folded on the counter around his waist. nikolai exits the bathroom, shortly returning with another towel for you.

you roll your eyes at your boyfriend as you notice his eyes trailing your figure before you wrap the soft cotton around yourself.

nikolai grabs your hand, pulling you to him. he presses his lips to your forehead, his free hand ever so softly brushing your cheek.

"let's get ready for bed, hm?"