50

(cw - steamy steamy: if you didn't like the last few chapters, you will Not like this, so you can skip if that makes you feel more comfortable! there's still nothing overly explicit, don't worry)

AUGUST 2018

"I need you," Awsten rushes, as soon as Elle opens the door.

She almost chokes on his words, as she steps aside to let him into the apartment.

"Oh, hi to you, too," she gives him an odd look.

"No, you- okay, Eleanor, I need your help," he continues, and she raises her eyebrows.

"Hang on, woah," Elle stops him, before he opens his mouth again. "Did you just call me Eleanor?"

Awsten frowns slightly, looking a little sheepish. "Oh, maybe- yeah, sorry, I didn't-"

"No, I don't mind, I just-" she grins widely, which seems to relieve some of the tension on his face, "just surprised me. No one really calls me that, except for my parents when they're annoyed."

"Is it bad?" He questions, cautiously. "Should I like, not?"

"No," Elle shakes her head. "It's cute the way you say it."

"Oh, okay," he nods, his eyebrows furrowed as he backtracks to the original conversation. "Oh! So, Jawn is dragging me out."

"Like, drinking?" Elle asks, confused.

"Yeah- well, obviously I'm not drinking, but," Awsten begins to ramble, his words falling out of his mouth quickly, "he's basically done editing the next music video and he wants to celebrate or whatever, and Geoff hasn't been out since having Rory and Chloe said it's fine, but Otto's not coming and-"

"Angel, slow down," Elle giggles, as he runs a hand through his hair, and she moves closer to him. "What do you need my help with?"

"Can you just- come with me?" He says, finally, letting out a sigh, as his hand falls to rest on her back.

"Really? That's it?" She laughs, earning an eye roll, as pink tints his cheeks. "When?"

"Friday, I think."

"You plan your nights out in advance? Wow," Elle jokes, earning an eye roll.

"It's like, what, two days? This is pretty spontaneous for us, actually," Awsten retorts.

"Three days," she corrects. "But, of course I'll come with you. You didn't have to come in all stressed, like you were asking me to help you hide a body."

"Yeah, well, if that scenario were ever to arise," Awsten tilts his head, seeming more relaxed now, especially with the way she's leaning into his hold. "Would you?"

Elle feigns seriousness for a moment, before answer, "I mean, probably," she shrugs, as if it's nothing, earning a loud laugh, which makes her heart skip a beat.

"Good to know," he nods, smiling.

"You know," she starts, a smirk tugging at the corner of her mouth, with a sudden boost of confidence, "if I were to think about you bursting into my apartment with the words, I need you, this wouldn't exactly be the context I'd be expecting."

"Elle," Awsten chokes out, with wide eyes.

She giggles, wandering off to the living room, and he follows her swiftly.

"God, you can't say shit like that to me, and then just- walk away," his face is red as she turns to look back at him, wearing a proud smile.