53

(cw - steamy towards the end again! am i being overly cautious with these? do you know the drill? idk. again, nothing overly explicit!)

AUGUST 2018

"Tay, please, go," Elle insists.

"But, your shows-" Taylor argues, earning a sharp look. "Come on, I can cancel, change to a different weekend-"

"No, it's fine. I want you to go," she pushes. "Seriously, you really like this guy," Elle smirks. "Besides, you're only missing one. You'll be back for the last one."

She finally manages to get through to her, and Taylor gives in; she feels guilty for missing one of Elle's shows, when it's only her second one ever, but Elle is insisting that it's okay, and that she should still go to LA to see Ethan.

Once she's gone, the apartment feels empty, and Elle wonders if this is what it felt like while she was out on Warped Tour.

She takes the opportunity to work, though. She's been productive lately, and hasn't really seemed to be able to stop writing; some songs remain unfinished, as she seems to get get stuck at a certain point - but thankfully she can jump to something else and continue working on that.

Once the evening rolls around, Elle gets ready. Tonight, she's going out with Awsten, Jawn, Daphne, and Geoff; it started as Jawn wanting to celebrate, because he'd finished editing the latest Waterparks video - although Awsten thinks he just wanted an excuse to convince everyone to go out.

She's halfway through her makeup, when there's a familiar knock at the door; she texts Awsten to let him know that it's unlocked, and he can just come right in.

"Hi, beautiful," he greets, making his way over to her.

He wraps his arms around her from behind, as Elle sits at her vanity, smiling at his reflection in the mirror.

"Hi, angel," she giggles, as he kisses her cheek repeatedly, before trailing down her jaw, and to her neck. "Aws, I'm trying to get ready," she hums, nudging him off of her, playfully.

He catches her lips before she can turn back to the mirror, finishing off her make up.

Awsten watches intently, sat on the side of her bed, with his head resting in his chin, as he admires her.

Elle catches him staring, once she's done, and she kisses him briefly, before heading over to her wardrobe.

After a moment of browsing through her clothes, she picks out an outfit and walks over to the door.

"I'll be back in a second," she turns back to Awsten, before heading to the bathroom to get changed.

His eyebrows dip together as he watches her walk away.

He won't question it, because if it's what makes her more comfortable, then he doesn't have a problem; but he can't help but wonder why she won't change in front of him.

It's not like he hasn't already taken her shirt off for her, multiple times, or seen her naked, tangled beneath the sheets; though, she does always insist on the dim lighting.

He's snapped out of his head when Elle returns, and every thought he had seems to fade away as he looks at her.

"Wow," Awsten lets out a long breath, and she blushes, a smirk tugging at the corner of her lips.

Elle moves closer to him, resting her hands on his shoulders, and Awsten gulps, as she swings her legs either side of his hips.

Her hair falls over one shoulder, and his eyes are wide as he looks up at her.