I like it here

You walked inside of Charlie's home immediately feeling the warm air hit you. You shrugged off your coat pulling the sleeves from your wrists as you hung it on the rack by the door.

"You need a hug don't you?" Charlie asked sympathetically

You nodded as a few tears slipped from your eyes and he rushed towards you wrapping his arms around you. The two of you stayed like that for a while just swaying back and forth. You could feel his hand rubbing the back of your head and you nestled your head into his neck.

"Let me take this for you all right?" He said and you nodded.

He grabbed your suitcase and pulled it over to his room laying it on top of the bed.

"Do you need anything?" He asked walking back over to you.

"I think I'm good but could I take a quick shower?"

"Yea go ahead. Down the hall on the left."

"Thank you." And you went off down the hall first too his room to grab some pajamas and then to the bathroom.

You washed your hair and just stood there for a few minutes before getting out. You threw on your pajamas which were really just a T-shirt and shorts and walked over to your suitcase. You grabbed your hairbrush and brushed through your hair throwing it back into a low ponytail.

You walked back out to Charlie's living room and sat next to him on the couch.

"Feel better?"

"Yea thank you."

"If you don't mind me asking. What happened? It seemed like everything was going fine."

"It's fine. My mom seemed to like you but my dad was questioning you. Talking a bunch of hair about how I didn't know if you were serious because of the whole fertility troubles and such. I yelled at him."

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright it's not your fault."

"I know but I feel bad. I should have just stayed home. I also feel bad because everyone keeps talking about having children and you know that in the future we can always talk about it but... I can't help but feel like I'm getting your hopes up."

"Oh Charlie I love you but I swear you aren't. I know it may never happen but I'm just thinking in the slight chance of things."

"Alrighty. Come here."

You scooted over and laid your head on his shoulder.

"I'm staying here tonight I hope you realize that."
You laughed.

"I know." He smiled.

"You know this time we can actually cuddle." You said.

"What do you mean."

"Well when we first met I was just a strange woman sleeping in your bed wearing your shirt. This time I'm in my own shirt and I'm not just a strange woman."

"True true." He said

"What do you want to do?" He asked.

"I don't know got any board games?"

"I do I just don't play them much because no ones ever around." He laughed.

"Well now I'm here. Let's see what you got."
You said as you followed him over to a closet where some board games laid at the top.

"You ever played monopoly?"

"Oh yea. With mom and dad the game gets intense real quick.

"Let's play."

"Alright."

"Come on pay up Charlie."

"Do I have to can't I just repay you in kisses instead?"

"Sure."

"Really?" He laughed.

"No. Give me the money."

He handed you the money.

"How do you still have money and no properties flipped over."

"I handle my money smart." He laughed.

"Charlie there are dragon models in your office!" You said smiling at him.

"Well I said smart not boring." You laughed.

"Touché."

The game went by and you were continuously having to flip over cards and by the end Charlie won.

"I was doing so well. How did you do that."

"I played monopoly with Percy as a child. He constantly won so I had to figure out how to play to
The best of my abilities."

You laughed and picked up the game putting it back in the closet.

"Alright dragon man. I'm heading to bed."

"Me too." He said.

The two of you later in bed and you looked at him.

"So are you going to show me love or am I going to have to be the big spoon."

"No you don't have to come here." He said and you scooted closer.

"He wrapped his arms around you and the both of you fell asleep.

"Did you hear that." Charlie groaned early in the morning.

"Mhm." You said rubbing your eyes.

"Hello Charlie." Molly exclaimed from the doorway.

"Mom?"

"Yes it's your mom wakey wakey."

"What are you doing here Molly." You looked up at her.

"Visiting but you two sleepy birds were passed out."

"Sorry mom long game of-"

"I don't want to hear that Charlie." Molly exclaimed and you laughed.

"Monopoly."

"Oh well then." Molly said leaving the room.

"How bout you make you mom some breakfast and I will get changed.

"Or I could stay and watch."

"Charlie not the time. Your moms outside."

"Fine." He said getting up kissing you then leaving and you got changed once he left the room.

"Alrighty what's for breakfast." You said entering the living room and taking a seat on the couch.

A/n: I was reading the last chapter agin and I didn't even realize I beamed the dad Charles let's just forget that 😂