Your quite likeable

The next day you woke up in bed and turned to stare at Charlie only to realize he wasn't there.

It was pretty early but you couldn't go back to sleep so you got up and quietly crept to the shower.

You stepped out of the shower and through on some clothes for the day. You entered the kitchen to see if there was anything you could eat for breakfast eventually just grabbing a granola bar.

"Granola bar?"

"Geez Charlie! You have a way of sneaking up on people don't you? Why are you even up so early in the morning anyway?"

"Well in Romania I usually wake up early to visit my dragons so I guess it's habit."

"I see. Do you miss them?"

"The dragons? A bit." He laughed and you laughed along.

"So what are you doing today?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing."

"Oh I'm not doing anything. I'll probably just read in bills room."

"Well why don't we go for lunch. Your quite likable as a person you know?"

"Alright." You agreed.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly and before you knew it Charlie popped his head into your room.

"Hey you ready for lunch?"

"Oh yea one sec." you said slipping on your shoes.

"Hey mom me and y/n are heading to lunch for a bit be back soon."

"Did he just say him and y/n?" George questioned after the door shut.

"Oh shut it George she's not your girlfriend anymore. I'm case you were wondering you messed up big time. If Harry ever did that to me I'd drop him too. She can go wherever she wants with him whoever she pleases."

"Table for two please." Charlie asked the person at the front desk and she led the two of you to a booth.

"Is this alright?"

"Perfect thank you." Charlie thanked the woman and pulled your chair out for you to sit.

"Thank you."

You sat down and set your purse down as Charlie sat across from you.

"So what did you bring me here to talk about."

"Nothing specific really except I was curious about one thing. If it's a sensitive subject then feel free to just say that and I won't force you."

"Alright what is it?"

"I was just wondering what happened with my brother?"

"Oh. I usually don't tell many people about this but you seem genuinely concerned and a nice guy. I have a very low chance if ever having children and I told him. He told me it was fine then went behind my back with Angela cheating on me and telling her about my issue and how he wanted a big biological family."

"Scumbag. I really thought he'd be better than that."

"Yea but you knows maybe it just wasn't meant to be."

The waiter came around and you ordered your drinks.

"So what do you feel about children Charlie? Ever wanted them I know you grew up in a big family?"

"I don't really know. It wasn't ever a necessary to thing. My mindset has always kind of been if they happen they happen and I'll be ok with it. If I met a woman who could give me that and it just accidentally happened so be it I would love them. If I met a woman who couldn't no big deal o don't need them."

"That's pretty great Charlie."

The waiter came back with your drinks and took your food orders.

"So I was thinking y/n?"

"About what?"

"How would you feel about trying out working with some dragons. I know you said you don't really have a job at the moment I figured you might like to join us in Romania. However if you don't want to that's fine."

"Wow that's a great offer. Let me think about it for a few days alright?"

"Good with me."

The two of you went home and you went upstairs to put your hair up and grab your book.

"May I speak to you a second Charlie?"

"Sure George." Charlie said with a hint of bitterness lacing his voice.

"What were you doing with y/n?" He scoffed

"I took her out to lunch as a friend. What do you care?"

"Your hanging out with my girlfriend."

"Ha! Ex girlfriend because you messed up George."

"I don't know what your talking about?"

"Dude she told me about how you were cheating on her and lying about being ok with her infertility. Not cool man."

"We'll work through it."

"Yea ok sure. Might be kind of hard if she's in Romania with me."

"What do you mean in Romania she lives here."

"I mean I offered her a job with me. And get this she seemed actually happy about it. Another get this I offered it after she told me about her issue because unlike you I'm actually fine with it."

"She won't go."

"What makes you so sure about that."

Molly could tell the boys were arguing so when you came downstairs she sent you back up telling you she would explain it later.

"She loves me that's why I'm so sure."

"George she doesn't love you anymore. She told me just the other night that the two of you would never work it out."

"She's in denial."

"She's not in denial. If she still loved you George I don't think she would have stayed in my bed that night after your argument."

"Whatever. You'll see." George scoffed.

———

A few days after your lunch with Charlie you were back at home and packing. It had been two days since you got home and they were completely spent packing up your belongings. You hadn't told Charlie yet but you were going to work with him in Romania.

You didn't know why but Charlie made you feel happy in a way George never made you feel. He made you feel good about yourself and listened to you talk. He sure was a good friend.