You make me happy

You ran about the house and trying to find desperately anything to wear. You and Charlie were going on your date today and you were trying to look...well decent. You eventually did end up finding a nice blouse with some black dress pants. You didn't really want to go in a dress so you just chose the blouse and pants.

You heard a knock on your door and went to go open it. When you opened the door you were greeted with Charlie wearing some nice looking jeans and a long sleeve shirt which honestly was perfect. You didn't want him to show up in a full tuxedo.

"Hello Charlie."

"Hi." He said shortly. "Ready to go?"

"Yea." You closed the door behind you and locked it.

Charlie took you to a nice restaurant where just like the day after you slept in his bed at the burrow he pulled your chair out for you. You gratefully took the seat and watched as he sat next to you.

"Thank you." Was all you said.

"What for."

"For taking me out on a date."

"It's no problem you don't need to thank me. I like you quite a lot and wanted to take you out."

"I know it just feels nice to know that your ok with everything you know? After George I was quite close to giving up."

"Well then it's a good thing you met me huh?" He laughed.

"It's a great thing. Hey I was wondering something?"

"What about?"

"When we came back to the burrow when I was staying there and we went to lunch. I went to come downstairs and Molly stopped me however you and George weren't there?"

"Oh he was yelling at me about taking you out for lunch."

"What is his problem?"

"He was talking about trying to work it out with you."

"He's delusional I wouldn't work it out with him even if I didn't have you but I do."

"Are you saying that this hopefully isn't just a one time thing?" He smiled at you.

"Not unless you want it to be a one time thing." You felt your face want to drop a bit but the word hopefully gave you hope.

"Nope I want to go out with you loads more times." To which you smiled at.

"That's good to hear."

The waiter eventually came and took your orders before heading off so the food could be made.

"You know I was thinking Charlie?"

"Yep."

"I know this whole thing is very new but I'm just thinking of in the long run. I assume we will be in a longer relationship than just dates."

"Most likely yes."

"Alright I was just wondering what your view on adoption was. I know you said kids weren't necessarily something you set out to want and it doesn't have to be soon at all or ever because we are only in our early or mid 20's. Just if it does ever happen to randomly be some mid life crisis If adoption would be something you were ok with." You looked down at your hands.

"I think that if in the future with you if I end up wanting kids and you want them as well I would be open to adoption." He gave you a quick encouraging smile.

"I'm sorry if that was a weird question to ask on like pretty much the first date I just wanted to make sure so I don't spend time in something I'm going to hate doing."

"No it's alright I totally get it."

"Great." You said just as your food was brought out to the two of you and set in front of the two of you.

"How are we going to do holidays?" You laughed.

"What do you mean."

"I mean if we ever go to the burrow for holidays. Don't get me wrong I know we live in Romania and we barely ever go but how are we going to deal with George and all that."

"Well I assume we just tell my mom- my mom!"

"What about her." You laughed.

"She doesn't know we are dating now. I don't know how she is going to react."

"I can tell her if you want?"

"No that's fine I won't make you do that. She likes you and I think she would just say alright and make sure George can't say anything or be a bitch about our relationship."

"I think so to but I really don't mind just sending her an owl to tell her if your worried."

"I swear it's fine but if you really want to you can do it with me."

"Sure that sounds good." You smiled.

At the end of the day you entered your home and took off your shoes leaving the door open.

"Charlie? What are you doing?"

"What do you mean I'm saying goodbye." He said leaning against the wall of your porch.

"Your silly. I left the door open so you could come in." You said grabbing his hand and pulling him in the house shutting the door after him.

"Oh." He laughed.

"Here would you like me to get a piece of parchment so we can get this over with?"

"Yea sure. Your place looks nice by the way."

"Thank you it's not very homey though I still need to get some decorations."

"It's fine."

"Thanks. Here I got the paper and here's a quill."

"Alright let's get started shall we."

"Dear mom

I have y/n with me right now and we are writing to inform you of a new event. We thought it might me necessary to inform you that me and y/n have started dating. It's still new and we only went on our first date today but we really think it's going to work out in the end. We hope that it's will still be fine if in the future if I ever attend holidays I will be able to bring y/n with me. And yes she did move here. She originally came to work with the dragons but I guess she's here for me as well now.
Sincerely
Charlie & y/n."

"Alright let me give this to my owl and you can head out if you'd like." You said handing the letter to your owl and watching her fly away.

"Yea just one more thing?"

"Yea?" You said turning toward him.

He didn't really say anything just gently pressed his lips to yours and kissed you like the world was ending.

"Alright I'll see you tomorrow at work y/n." He smiled and left your home closing the door behind him."