Ash: Long Overdue (Male Reader)

February the 14th.

You laid down in your bunk alone, as you always were. You wondered what you wanted to do. Training had just finished and you didn't feel like going out or going shooting. You were tired, physically and emotionally. You turned around and faced the wall, stopping tears from falling down your face. This was gonna be your 10th year being alone. Not that being single is a bad thing, mind you. It was just that it's the 10th year in a row that you were too scared to tell your best friend Ash how you really felt about her. You'd trained together in the FBI SWAT and you two got recruited into Rainbow at the same time. You'd been aching to tell her how much you loved her and cared for her. You were too scared of losing her. Overthinking always got the better of you and you always put it off trying to kill the feelings. You were never successful at doing so. The longer you tried putting out the flame the bigger, stronger, and more fiery it became. You loved Ash, you loved her and cared for her with such intensity that you would sacrifice your life for her. A tear falls down your face as you close your eyes in an attempt to cry yourself to sleep. You were so in love with Ash, you were desperately in love with her. But you couldn't tell her. You didn't have the strength.

Your loathing gets interrupted when you hear the door creak open. You wipe your tears and you saw the only woman you loved. You put on a fake smile to greet her as she walked closer to you. "Hey, Y/N. You alright?" she said softly. You sat up and sniffled as you faced her. "Y-Yeah, of course..." you said softly. The look in her eye said it all. She knew you were lying. Your puffy eyes gave it all away and your gaze betrayed you. "Y/N, don't lie to me." she said. Right then and there you broke down, letting the tears flow down your face. You felt Ash wrap her arms around you, engulfing you in her warmth. You sobbed into her arms, you didn't like showing your feelings to anyone but this was one time that you couldn't stop yourself.

She brought your head up by the chin and wiped the tears from your face, her soothing and tender touch helped calm you down. "Y/N, what's wrong?" She said softly as you stared at each other. "I-" you stopped yourself for a bit to contemplate what you were gonna say. Fuck it, no more hiding. "Eliza, I'm tired of hiding it. I'm tired pretending it isn't real and I'm tired of trying to douse the flame. It's been eating away inside me and I've been wanting to tell you this forever. I was just so scared and I was overthinking so much and, I-I need to tell you s-something." you muttered as you looked her straight in the eye. You felt her hand go down to your hand and she held it softly, blood rushing to your cheeks making you blush as she held your hand. "You can tell me, Y/N." she whispered as she caressed your hand. You stared at each other in silence, her gaze so calm, tender, direct, and gentle. You let out a sigh before saying anything. "I... I love you, Eliza. I love you so, so fucking much. You're such an amazing person, you're so caring, always so kind, so selfless, brave, you're... You're who I want to be with my whole life." you said as you stared back into her eyes. You waited for a response, bracing yourself for rejection. Her pupils dilate and her cheeks flushed red, something wasn't right.

Suddenly Ash lunged forward and crashed her lips onto yours, throwing you back on the bed with her now on top. You eventually melted into the kiss, her soft lips up touching yours sent waves of euphoria to tsunami through you. You felt a tension released as your kiss transformed into something more, animalistic. Lust, desire, and love driven, your kisses became sloppy as you made out. You licked her bottom lip asking for entrance, which she gladly gave. She opened her mouth and you thrusted your tongue in, tasting her and her spit for the first time. You explore her mouth as your tongues wrestle, your hands wandering. You brought your hand to her back side and you caressed her ass through her tight uniform. She let out a slight moan in between the kisses, telling you that she liked it. You pulled away, a rope of spit connecting your lips still. You stared at each other and smiled, tension gone and feelings amplified.

"I love you too, Y/N."