You open up about past trauma - Diavolo, Solomon

[ this chapter was a suggestion for moments you'd like to see with the (un)datables- no specific trauma is mentioned, it is just how they would emotionally respond to you opening up about it. but also please be safe, the content of this chapter is that there was a trauma in the reader's past <3 ]

Diavolo

Diavolo will sit quietly with you when you mention there's something you wanted to tell him. He'll make sure you know that he's yours, wholly and unconditionally, so it should never cross your mind that he might not have time, you can take as long as you need.

If you're worried that what you're about to say might shock him or make him see you in a different light, Diavolo will admit that is a feeling he can relate to, as he's been faced by many difficult or upsetting circumstances over his lifetime. Sometimes he's scared that he'll scare you, or upset you in a way that can't be undone, or that he'll go to hug you and you'll stiffen-up, as if you're momentarily frightened by him. Diavolo is so sincere as all of this tumbles out and you had no idea he had ever worried about losing you. When he looks at you so beseechingly, you suddenly realise that nothing you say would ever change his feelings toward you.

He'll listen very earnestly as you share your past experience with him, his face looks quite stern as he's taking what you say seriously and to heart. His eyes will soften and he'll look unbearably sad if retelling this experience isn't easy for you.

It means a lot to him that you would allow him to know this about you, and he tells you he would never take the trust you've granted him lightly. Diavolo intuitively understands the depth of what happened to you without too many questions on his part. He's incredibly respectful of the situation, but you can tell what you said struck him hard. You reach out and hold him because you know he's imagining something that hurts.

He says he feels emotional, but he's sure you can sense that from him already. He asks if you can stay with him for a while or if he can hug you back, even though he feels a bit overprotective right now.

If you ask whether knowing this helps him understand you better, he will pause, then slowly shake his head, trying to find the words to explain that as a demon, this didn't hold more weight than everything he learns or feels from you regardless. He says he already knew and understood you, what you said is not some key or turning point for him, it is just something that he will always be there for you for, as much as you do (or don't) need him.

Solomon

When you mention to Solomon that there's something you want to share, you can tell he's trying to be tactful and considerate by not immediately asking what this topic pertains to. But you want to give him some warning and lead into this in a way that makes you both comfortable, so you start by saying that there was a trauma in your past, and ask if he'd be okay to hear what it was.

At first Solomon looks slightly surprised. You realise he's not surprised to hear you mention a past trauma, he's surprised that you want to open up about a trauma to him.

Solomon tends to be unmoved by even the worst threats or insults, but you've noticed something unexpected can occasionally make him look distant or troubled, so you check again whether it's okay to have this conversation with him.

Solomon frowns, then he sincerely tells you that his own feelings are the last thing he's worried about right now. He's more concerned that it won't be within his power to reach back and undo this event, as much as he would fight to try. Solomon also admits he isn't always at peace with the way he's dealt with cost or damage in his own lifetime, and he's hardly a paragon of saintly decisions.

But then he sighs. "I'm sorry. I didn't think it would be this hard for me to accept that you trust me. And even so, I still want to earn that trust. Would you believe me if I tell you I'm always here for you?"

His manner becomes quite grave as you explain what happened, he keeps closing his eyes and grimacing as he holds back a more sorrowful expression, not wanting to make this more difficult for you by being upset himself. He'll take you very seriously if you mention anything he can do (or avoid) to minimise any future bad memories or thoughts of this experience.

He'll ask if he can have a hug after this, saying he really needs it. While his head is resting on your shoulder, Solomon quietly admits that he's always felt comforted to know that you're the one by his side, and that he hopes you would reach for him if you ever feel pained or lost or in the darkness, because there are no lengths he wouldn't take for you.