You're in danger and they come to you - Part I

[ did Mammon's proposal in the wedding event make anyone else smile like an idiot?? :">> I found it so cute and hilarious!!! <3 Satan's also went straight to my heart... ]

tw: descriptions of the reader being chased/hunted by a group of demons, probably to devour your soul (i.e. the situation you keep being warned about in the Devildom).

EDIT <3 If anyone is looking for Barbatos, his scenario is written as a oneshot intead- please see the chapter 'He blames himself for you getting hurt- Barbatos'! I had already drafted Barb's as an individual fic before the below was written, and then I thought it would be good to come up with a scenario for everyone else too!!

Part I- Diavolo, Solomon, Simeon, Lucifer, Mammon
-
Diavolo

Even though the demon realm is always dark, you swear every last mote of brightness is sucked from the sky at the moment Diavolo drops down behind you, right in the path of your pursuers. You turn, only to see his silhouette casting shadows across the entire square, looming, jagged shapes of black that echo the spread of his wings. It's terrifying even while you know it's him, but just as quickly as you felt that fear, it dissipates as Diavolo faces you, his dangerous expression fading to poorly withheld emotion as the streets become empty and calm. He approaches you very gently in the aftermath, Diavolo has enough self-restraint to know you might not want to see another high-level demon striding toward you, even if it's your partner. He's actually very, very upset that this has happened, and it isn't until you let him know that it's okay to hold you that he manages a terse nod and does, he tells you that he's never been so afraid.

Solomon

Solomon appears in your path like some sort of dark angel, arcane magic slowly swirling around him in a way that looks both frightening and mesmerising. Despite his soft laugh and the small, almost humble little grin he offers you, you suddenly have the overwhelming impression that Solomon is far more dangerous than anything in the alleyways of the Devildom, and certainly more sinister than whatever follows in your wake. Solomon spirals his fingers and creates a strange, mercurial substance in the air, telling you that if you'd like to reach toward it, you'll be transported to the House of Lamentation. When you ask if you should send anyone back to help, Solomon's eyes crease fondly as he declines. His expression falls somewhere close to amicable as he tells you "no no..." then looks at the vicious group of demons gaining on you with amused curiosity. "I think I'll take care of this myself."

Simeon

One moment you're sprinting for your life, and the next you know in your heart that everything's going to be okay, even before you feel Simeon's hand catch yours. He pulls you into an alcove away from the main street, a soft, mischievous smile on his face as if these near-death experiences are just part of the charm of the Devildom. When your pursuers catch up, it's as if they can no longer sense you at all, they squint uneasily toward where you and Simeon are standing, as if staring into a bright light. Simeon's expression is warm and adoring as he holds a finger to his lips to hush you, and soon the demons give up on their endeavour, dispersing in annoyance. Simeon brushes your clothes free from any dirt or creases, chuckling and saying you really know how to find trouble don't you, and that he hopes you weren't too frightened. When you're all "uh... well.. I guess it's good that you weren't frightened-", Simeon lets out a genuine laugh at your manner with him, beaming and saying that you truly don't need to be scared either, because he'll always be there when you need him.

Lucifer

Lucifer appears in front of you, his expression somehow cold and serene at once, while his eyes are so forbidding that you can't hold his gaze. His dire expression isn't directed toward you though- he catches you against his chest with one arm, then shelters your face against him, the crook of his elbow caught behind your head and his hand covering your ear. You never see or hear anything, but the next second the chaos behind you has completely ceased, and all you can hear is the gentle sound of wind in an empty alleyway, the flutter of breeze against Lucifer's wings. His eyes are dark as he looks down at you, and the only reason you can tell he's not so calm as he seems is because of the rise and fall of his chest, he was breathing hard before he got here, his heart is still pounding like it hurts him. You stand with him like that for a long time.

Mammon

One moment you're running and the next Mammon is catching you in his arms, you have no idea how, but he sensed how much you needed him.  His expression is stricken with just as much worry and panic as yours, his hands rising to cup your face, as if begging you to listen to him, just for this one moment. He asks if you'll please close your eyes, only for a second, because he never ever wants to scare you, he never wants you to have to see him being frightening. He waits until you shakily nod, and the second you close your eyes, it's as if the very air around you changed. Mammon's hands have barely left your skin before he's back and holding you, his arms warm and tight as he pins you in an embrace. He whispers that you're safe and everything's gonna be just fine now, and that he really needs a hug.