Tip of the iceberg...

"Naz is everything okay?" He asked her as there was a brief period of silence after greeting each other.

"We're only halfway through the week and it already feels forever since I last saw you. There's a lot that happened and I wish you were here." She finally broke the silence.

"You're scaring me now. Are you okay?" He was concerned about her.

"Forget what I said, I just miss you. How's your work going on?" She tried to change the topic.

"You can always email me if you want to share something. I do miss those days." A smile formed on his face as he recalled the time when he used to look forward to reading her emails first thing in the morning.

"I'd rather tell you in person. Anyways, did I tell you about Bulut's birthday cake requirements?" Next few minutes she told him how Bulut requested for a zombie cake scaring Zeynep. They had to convince him to go for a sailor theme and now he wants a boat.

"I can send you the picture of the toy one I got so you can replicate it." He suggested it to her.

"That would be perfect. Did you like the cycle picture I sent?" She asked him.

"Yes, and I did place the order. It would be there on time." He informed her.

"It was my gift. I just wanted you to check." She complained.

"Naz there's no you and me anymore. I know Bulut would still expect us to get two gifts, so we must spoil him. You know he called me some time back to remind me to get a present" He laughed recalling Bulut's call earlier.

"I know Zeynep already warned me about no gadgets and nothing extravagant when he asked me." She laughed along with him.

"I need to go now. Take care" He cut the call as she had to get back to the restaurant, and he needed to catch some sleep. He wondered what happened back home that made Nazli upset.

It was Saturday afternoon by the time he flew back home due to bad weather conditions. He was supposed to be home late the previous night. He is always there with a gift in person by the time Bulut wakes up and he missed it this year. Nazli joked that she replaced him now and Bulut would be more delighted to see her.

He knew she would be busy right now with the party for kids and he had to wait till evening to see her. He took a quick shower as soon as he got home. As he was making coffee, he saw her text.

"Back home safe?" It read and a smile formed on his face.

"Finally" He texted back.

"Can't wait to see you" She sent with a kiss.

He sipped the coffee and went to get ready. As he walked into the restaurant, he could hear the noise of the kids. Bulut ran to him as soon as he saw him. He picked him in his arms, kissed him and wished him. His little monster was 6 years old now and ready to start school. Time flies he thought. He gave him a remote toy boat that he could sail in the pool.

"I like all my presents, but I really wish for a brother or a sister." Bulut said before running off to play with his friends. He hugged Zeynep and Demir.

"He's going to school now. It would be a good time to think about the brother/sister I guess." He teased them.

"He could do with a cousin as well. Why don't you think about it?" Zeynep poked him in return.

"Let me get married first. Did you arrange the meeting I asked for?" He looked at Demir.

"All set" Demir winked and Zeynep looked at them suspiciously.

"She's in the kitchen" Zeynep said aloud as he looked around.

"What?" He tried to act cool.

"You're clearly not looking across the room to admire these little munchkins." His sister was too sharp for him.