Off the track...

Next morning, he just got back from a run when Ms. Iqbal informed him of an article online speculating his love life. It went around at a lightning speed though considering it was only last night. He instructed her to deal with the editor promising them a business interview or something to squash the news. Once Ms. Iqbal left he called Nazli knowing she was not going to be happy about it.

"Morning" He said as he could not hear the voice.

"Morning" It seemed like she was yawning.

"Did I wake you up? We need to talk" He asked, checking the time.

"Ferit... Whatever it is, it can wait. I'm sleeping." He heard her scream and cut the call. He shook his head and decided he will let her figure it out on her own.

He got ready and went to the office. It was around lunch time when Demir and Engin walked into his cabin.

"How's my sister's boyfriend?"  Demir pulled his leg.

"Haven't you got any work?" He chided them busy typing something on the computer.

"Ah someone's in a bad mood. Did you fight already?" Engin commented on his irritation.

"Ferit" He heard Nazli scream as she barged in followed by Ms. Iqbal.

"It's fine" He said, and Ms. Iqbal left. Nazli calmed down seeing her brother and Engin and hugged him.

"We need to talk" She whispered in his ear as they were pulling out.

"I'm sure whatever it is, it can wait. I need to attend a meeting. As you can see, they are jobless. They can keep you company." He kissed her on the cheek which turned her speechless. He left smirking while Demir pretended to cough to indicate his presence.

His cabin was empty when he returned from the meeting. He found a note with restaurant details. It was nearby and he walked in to see Demir and Zeynep with her.

He sat beside her in the booth and her eyes met his as his shoulder touched hers. She tried to hide her nerves and seemed to get back to the conversation. He smiled as he realised the change his closeness seemed to have cause. He placed his order and gave Demir a summary of the meeting. Demir was giving his analysis when he noticed Zeynep look at him in shock and asked what happened. Nazli looked as confused as he was at their reaction.

"You were eating from her plate." Zeynep grinned.

"So" He asked, noticing the fork in his hand. He was hungry and picked a piece of kofte to eat from her plate while Demir spoke.

"It's a big thing. You never even ate chocolate if I opened the wrapper." Zeynep seemed to exaggerate a bit too much but Nazli seemed to be pleased about it. He never shared food from anyone but with Nazli it was different. It did not bother him.

The arrival of main courses changed the topic to food and their restaurant. He watched her explain something animatedly. It could be related to the menu as there was a twinkle in her eyes and her face lit up. His eyes rested on her lips as she spoke. He noticed the way curled when she smiled and wondered how they would feel against him.

"I can't wait to visit your restaurant" Demir's excitement brought him out of his reverie.

"Soon... Nazli got some great ideas so we're trying to work them out" He needed to discuss the restaurant as well with her. She asked him to try her dessert as he did not order any. How could he refuse her? He took the spoon from her hand and took a small piece of cheesecake and whispered "Not as good as yours" which made her glad.

Zeynep noticed the smiles and seemed to be pleased with them.

"I want all the details of your first date Nazli. Did you allow him to pay?" She caught Nazli's hand and Nazli nudged his knees with hers under the table as if he could rescue her. Demir interrupted before he could answer anything