Take care of...

It was her first day as his private chef. There was no one around when she walked into his house, just a menu placed on the kitchen counter.  As she finished cooking, Bulut appeared with Tarik.

"Hello Nazli" He said.

"Bulut" She hugged him.

"Did you finish cooking? Can we play now?" He asked. 

"It's lunch time Bulut. You need to eat." Tarik said and Nazli agreed.

"Fine, what about after I eat?" He asked.

"Hmm we can if you promise to empty your plate" She said thinking.

"Let's eat then" He said, dragging her to the table.

"Looks like he's not going to leave you. I'll carry on and sort out a few things then." Tarik left as he thought there was no point in just standing there.

"Bulut last sip of juice, okay? No wonder you are not eating. If you fill yourself up with juice, how will you eat?" She scolded him playfully as he seemed to focus more on drinking juice than eating.

"How many times did I tell you not to drink juice while eating, little monster?" She heard and raised her head from his plate to look at the source of the voice.

There he was standing behind Bulut's chair ruffling his hair. She did not want to face him as then it reminded her of the reality. She needed to talk to him but not before Bulut. He sat down on the chair beside Bulut and finally acknowledged her.

"Hello" He said, surprised to see her there.

"I was planning to leave when Bulut wanted me to feed him." She said reading his expressions.

"That's okay. I'll get my lunch." He said standing up.

"I can heat it up if you want." She offered. She did not know what made her do it.

"Fine" He sat down.

She placed the food before him and watched him intently as he took a bite.

"Not bad" He told her, but she knew he liked it more than that. Rather than the praise or criticism she got once the meal finished, she always focused on the reaction people had after they ate the first bite.

As he ate quietly, she could not stop herself from watching him. She wondered what was happening to her. It was wrong. She should rather focus on telling him the truth. She drew her attention back to Bulut. She saw them both tease and feed each other. His entire persona changed around Bulut. He was more relaxed and fun.

"Where's your plate?" Suddenly, Bulut asked her and it brought her out of trance.

"I'm fine Bulut, I need to go now" She needed to escape, so she left.

xxx

He looked in the direction she left and wondered what happened. He came home to have lunch with Bulut and found her at the table, not that he was complaining. He stood around and watched them both for a while before making an appearance.

The food was delicious, but he was not going to admit it. Somehow, he felt she understood him even though he did not praise much. While he was savouring his meal, he could still feel her attention on him. He thought maybe he could talk to her post lunch, but she left.

"She promised to play with me if I finished lunch" Bulut crossed his arms.

"But you didn't, did you?" Ferit copied him.

"Fine I don't want to eat anymore." He sulked.

"Ok, let us make a deal. Finish your lunch and I'll take you out" He loved pampering his nephew.