Turn of events...

She opened the door, and it was Demir. She let him in without a word. Fatos left to her room as her parents stood up.

"I'm sorry Naz. I should have reached out to you, but I just couldn't." He held himself back.

"Do you see that mum? He still lets me believe that it was his fault though it was you, who stopped him." She pointed out to her mum, who bowed her head down in guilt.

"She didn't want to lose you as well." Her father finally spoke.

"Why would I do that? I agree I was upset and angry when I knew but you are still our parents. You chose to love us but if only you trusted us as well." She was confused.

"It was because you are my sister... sister by blood" Demir stood in front of her.

"What?" She screamed.

"Yes, Demir found out about his birth parents once he left and you were his sister. He confronted me and I made him swear that you'll never know about it." Her mother confessed.

"We tried for long to have kids but found that we had problems and could never conceive naturally. So, we decided to adopt and that is how we got Demir home first. Demet is the daughter of my distant cousin, who gave her up. They were young enough to remember but you were a baby when we got you home. It was your mother who traced us and handed you over.

We loved you all as our own. It was never mentioned but that day in anger your father hurt Demir. He repented for it ever since but was too late. The damage was done." Her mother looked at Demir with sorrow.

"As you were not aware of your adoption he agreed to stay away, and he did. Few years later, he found out about your connection and I begged him to not give you the news. Demir left home and Demet always remained distant. I was desperate to hold on to you." She held on to Nazli.

"But how could you not tell me even when my adoption came out?" Nazli distanced herself.

"I want to be alone." She left to her room and closed the door.

Next day her parents left asking her to take care and call them once she felt okay. She concentrated on work as it distracted her from everything. She got the supplier contracts sorted and hired staff. She kept Manami informed but did not contact Ferit at all. Anything she needed, she sorted it through Ms. Iqbal.

Her mobile buzzed with a text message as she sat in the chair outside on the terrace. It was Ferit.

I am sorry Naz... I know you are hurt but it would have been inappropriate. When we started to chat, I knew nothing about it except that you were his sister from your letter. Later when Demir found out his birth family, he seemed lost for days. I confronted him and he shared it. I was finding it hard to be your friend and keep the secret from you. I thought it would be for the best if we were not in contact."

Fatos sat in the chair next to her as she sat lost in her thoughts.

"Nazli, it's not going to help or change anything if you choose to isolate yourself from everyone." Fatos noticed that friend stayed away from everyone including her.

"It's' too much Fatos. I cannot bear it. All these secrets... It's making me question everything..." Nazli finally confessed her feelings.

"You've already been there. I thought you got over it." Fatos knew Nazli already went through a crisis when she found out she was adopted.

"I convinced myself that it was only them I ever knew. They raised me. Nothing else matters but it is hard to know that they still do not trust me." Nazli disclosed everything to Fatos.