Tug of war...

"Vanilla... like seriously Vanilla not even some chocolate or fruit drizzle on it. Even Bulut experimented with cookie n cream rather than plain chocolate.  " She sniggered at his choice of ice cream. They stopped to get some ice cream on their way home.

"It's my choice. I'm ok with it." He said happily, licking his ice-cream.

"Not under my watch. You are not going to have a plain gelato. Here try this" She handed him her ice cream snatching his.

"Nazli, honestly... Can I not even eat my ice-cream in peace?" Ferit sighed with his hands in the air.

"What do you think of it Bulut?" Nazli looked at Bulut, who was happily enjoying his ice cream.

"Hmm I think you should give it a try uncle. You always eat Nazli's desserts, you might like her choice of ice cream" Bulut gave his opinion while Ferit realised he got caught.

"Well okay ice cream doesn't count but I thought you said you don't eat desserts." Nazli questioned him.

"Well mostly when they're cloyingly sweet. You get the balance right." He admitted.

"Wow you praised my food. I need to celebrate this. Here, my treat. You can thank me later for introducing this wonderful flavour of chocolate and mint to you." She handed him her ice cream.

"Don't exaggerate now. Let me try" It was difficult for him to share food with anyone, but this was Nazli, who else if not her.

"How is it?" She asked him expectantly.

"Refreshing." He liked the flavour though he did not want to admit it to her.

"Sometimes vanilla isn't bad too" She walked ahead licking his ice-cream.

He saw Bulut and her sit on a bench and chat. When was the last time he had such fun? He went and sat next to her on the bench. Bulut finished his ice-cream and was goofing around entertaining them.

"Look how happy he is!!" Nazli smiled.

"Yes, because we pamper him way too much. Time to go home." He picked up Bulut and raced her to the car.

"We win" Uncle and nephew claim victory.

"Of course, I had no chance with those long legs of yours" She sulked.

They drove back home, and Bulut fell asleep. He put him in his bed and turned off the lights. As he came out, she stood outside waiting for him.

"Thank you. It's been a wonderful day." She thanked him by staring into his eyes.

"Same here" He blinked with his eyes.

"Goodnight" He kissed her on cheek and left to his room as her eyes followed him.

xxx

"Morning" She greeted him as he came all dressed up.

"Morning... What's all this?" He greeted her back.

"Breakfast" She answered.

"Sorry I'm late for a meeting. I need to go now." He took a few sips of coffee from the mug she held in her hand and disappeared. All her efforts were in vain. She hoped to talk to him this morning, but he vanished. She looked at the mug in her hand and smiled.

Bulut walked in greeting her. They had breakfast and she assigned him a task to do some colouring while she prepared for her meeting tomorrow. Rewarding Bulut with a game she set out to make lunch. She wondered if he would join.

"I need to go for a site inspection. Sorry I will try to be back by dinner." He texted her.

She dialled Fatos instead. It was only a day, but she seemed to miss her friend.