Chapter Thirty One

Sure enough, his impromptu performance had been filmed by several people who had been in the pub that night. He'd performed four other songs with the band before he'd needed a breather. Quinn had managed to snag Niall however as a replacement and he'd joined them onstage for a further three songs much to the delight of the crowd. But it had been his performance of Kiwi with them which sent social media reeling.

The videos blew up online the minute they were posted and Jeff had been thrilled. The other managers too and they'd each sent the boys notes of how well they'd done to be seen all together out in some 'mysterious location'. The four separate videos which surfaced of his and Niall's performances had all not mentioned where they were and they very endlessly grateful for that.

They'd had one of the girls who had recorded come up to them the next day when they'd all been fighting off mild headaches and said what a huge fan she was. They'd stayed chatting with her for while, she'd been friendly if not a little shy but said she wouldn't admit where they had been until they left so their location wouldn't be leaked.

The next day had been spent indoors again, the weather truly awful and the rain pouring constantly all day. They'd only gone out for lunch, which is where they'd consequently met the girl, Harriet.

Two mornings following their pub appearances he was making his way downstairs when he spotted Louis' door open down the hall. Liam and Zayn had shot into town to grab some more groceries, and Niall was sitting outside with his guitar from what Harry had heard from his window on the second floor.

Hesitating only briefly he turned down the corridor for Louis' room. Knocking softly on the side of the door he beeped his head inside and the soft voices which he'd begun to hear as he'd walked down stopped.

"Is that him?" A woman's voice said in the silence after a moment and it took him a second to realise he knew the voice.

"Harry?" Louis asked as his head appeared from around the angle of the door from where he was laying across his bed.

"Sorry, I'll leave you alone just wanted to ask if you wanted breakfast."

"Oh it's fine, it's just the girls."

"Hi Harry!" He hears Lottie's voice again.

"Hey Lots!" He calls out stepping into the room and Louis twists his laptop screen around so that he sees Lottie and the twins seated around a table displayed before him.

"PortMeirion looks incredible, Louis' been sending us photos! We're all so jealous."

"We'll have to bring you all here some time." He brushes off how easily he just said we.

"Come sit." Louis says sitting upright and patting the bed next to him.

He walks over to him and sits perched on the edge of the bed.

"The video of you in the pub by the way is awesome, we're expecting a full live reenactment next time you're here."

"Only if you join me on stage." He replies instantly and sees Daisy and Phoebe's faces light up in amusement, and he's glad to see their wariness of him from when he'd seen them again at Louis' house seems to have alleviated slightly. Perhaps Louis told them.

"Deal!" Lottie readily agrees. "Alright we really have to leave now but call me later Lou! And Harry don't be a stranger."

"Bye girls." He and Louis say at the same time and the screen goes blank.

"Sorry," He says after a moment of silence between them, "I didn't mean to intrude on your time with them."

"Don't be silly, I'm the one who invited you in here aren't I?"