Chapter Thirty

"Don't you fucking dare!" Niall shrieked before he was thrown under the freezing cold water. Louis and Liam bursting into laughter from where they stood together on the side of the pool.

            "You were asking for it Nialler!" Liam calls out when Niall's head breaks the surface and glares at the two of them.

Harry smiles to himself where he seated beneath the sheltered outdoor seating area. Rock music playing quietly through the bar's speakers. It was mid-morning and the weather had turned from what it had been the previous day. Rain was coming down in steady sheets, the air cold and had them wrapped in warm sweaters and huddled beneath umbrellas as they'd made the short walk from their rented house to the bar. They'd been here an hour or so before Niall had finally pushed Liam and Louis over the edge and was now trying to act offended he'd been thrown in the pool as a consequence.

Dripping wet and likely freezing cold Niall pulled himself still fully clothed out of the pool.

"Bastards." Niall exclaimed as he shock his head sending water droplets flying.

            "Hey!" Louis cried out as a few hit him from where he'd darted back under cover with Liam after tossing Niall into the pool. Harry supposed it was a rather high health and safety hazard to have a pool situated in such close proximity to a bar.

"Come on Niall." Zayn said standing and grabbing one of the umbrellas. "I'll come back with you so you can get changed."

Niall nodded at him once before turning back around to Louis and Liam who were still struggling to get their laughter under management. "See, this is what real friends do!"

"Next time don't try and claim Arsenal as the best bloody team!"

            "Football fans." Niall mutters under his breath.

Harry watches from his seat at one of the high tables as Zayn and Niall hide under the umbrella and step out into the rain. Louis and Liam claim their seats around him once more.

Someone stumbles slightly knocking into him and he turns to find an older man quickly find his feet beneath him before he turns to face Harry.

"Sorry lad, bloody chairs!" The man says with a genuine smile.

            "No problem, happens to the best of us."

The man nods once more at him and moves off to join five other men seated close by to them.

"Well I guess we won't be heading down to the estuary today." Liam says when harry turns back around to focus on them before his eyes glance out at the rain coming down.

            "Guess now."

"We've got another five days, surely one of em' well be nice enough." Louis says taking a sip of his beer.

            "Reckon we're gonna get enough nice weather in the coming months not to have to worry too much about catching some sun." He points out.

"True."

They spend perhaps another half hour finishing off their drinks before picking up their own umbrellas, deciding it best just to head back to their house with the rain still pouring down.

They settle in for an afternoon of reading and games. Louis and Niall, who has completely forgotten about the incident earlier it seems by the time the three of them get back, settle in for a passionate round of FIFA in front of the large tv in the main lounge. Harry knows better than to get between those two when playing that game, instead heading for the small study room on the third floor next to Liam's room and claims the windowsill looking out over the village.