Chapter Nineteen

A/N - I update this story a few chapters at a time to keep up with it alongside my larger AO3 updates so please make sure you read through the chapters in there correct order !!

They wait behind the thick velvet curtain with bated breath. They can hear James' voice clearly enough through the fabric and the audience waiting in their seats but there's still a screen beside them warning them of the time they have remaining before they're set to go out.

He's stood on the end next to Liam, not able to stop the slight clamminess he feels in his hands about how this is all going to go. He certainly wasn't happy, nor Niall, when he found out that the five of them and James would be playing Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts. He'd had enough of a taste of the game, and its disgusting food when he'd done this with Kendall, he really didn't think he needed a refresher. Regardless, it was one of the audience's favourite games that James offered and drew in a fair amount of interest for whatever ridiculous questions they were to be asked later on during the game. The questions had all been approved by their five managers so he supposed they wouldn't be too outrageous, he trusted Jeff and the rest of them after all, but it didn't make the thought any more comforting.

"... so please welcome back to the world stage, One Direction!" James yells and his attention snaps back to the present just as the curtain is pulled apart and the audience erupts into screams as they step out in front of the numerous camera's and heat chases them from the stage lights.

James is before them in an instant, clasping each of them on the shoulder and pulling them in for a hug. He'd always liked James, of all the interviewers he was one of the most grounded and entertaining. He'd also spent enough time with the man to know he was just as charismatic off camera as he was before it.

Harry had been in this studio not a few months ago but being back now with the boys was like returning back to the days of their first few interviews, new and exciting. The audience finally settled enough for James to begin talking as the five of them sat huddled together on the plush sofa and James took his seat in a big leather chair.

"Well I've gotta just start by saying that I feel very honoured to be the first person you lot choose to come and talk with after the very big news that the five of you have reunited for a special, celebration tour kickstarting on March 28th!" James says and the audience loudly starts up again.

            "Now Niall, you've claimed in recent times that it was in fact you who had the suggestion of getting back together for this tour, which I think is aptly titled Where We Belong, who was the first of the boys you reached too to get on board?"

"Well went through managers first but I got in touch with Liam pretty soon afterwards and he said yes fairly quickly so I thought that was a good enough start. Targeted Louis next and I gotta say mate," Niall says turning his head towards Louis, "Wasn't so sure about your answer with your album in the works and you still didn't have a release for it yet but you agreed fairly easily."

            "Wouldn't have missed this for the world mate, who do you think I am?" Louis says teasingly, his bright media charm on full display.

"And how was it with convincing young Harold?" James asks and he feels the attention of the room slide to him. He clears his throat, fighting the urge to run his hand through his styled hair.

            "I think we all knew we wanted to come back for something special at one stage and doing so this year kind of just made sense with it being the anniversary. It was difficult trying to plan it around my album release, as well as Louis' and Niall's which comes out next month but I'm definitely really excited for this year."