23. Buying time

Percy felt every eye looking at him. Every stare felt heavy on his skin.

Percy knew that the time was running out.
He knew there was no time to explain to the students or his friends what they were about to face.

He looked at the headmaster. Who just looked at Percy. His face unreadable.

Percy knew he had to get out of here.
He turned to the door. He needed to figure out what Voldemort had meant.

Lost in thought Percy was too late when he felt danger comming. A flash of light hit him. Hard. He flew in the sky and was slammed into the ground. He tried to break free but it was too strong.

People started to freak out. Some headed for the big doors. Out of this big hall.
But it seemed like someone had locked them.
They were locked up.

Percy managed to move his head to see who was holding  him down. It didn't surprise him when he saw the pink toad aiming her wand at Percy.

Luckily Dumbledore intervened her. Percy fell to the ground again but he landed like he trained to do.

"You work for him!" Umbridge screamed over the students. "I knew it!" She screamed hysterically.
People looked at him with shock. So she knew he was back.. stupid bit-

"Silence!" Dumbledore bellowed. "Everyone calm down. Umbridge, Percy has been protecting us the entire year from him and his army. He is not working with him." He said to the toad.

"Percy.." Hermione said quietly. "What is going on?"

Percy's head felt like it was overflowing.
He shook his head like it would clear his thoughts.
"I don't know Hermione. I don't know."

There were gasping sounds from all over the hall.
Percy felt her presence before he opened his eyes.

Percy opened his eyes and saw the goddess standing in front of him. He let out a sigh, but Percy knelt and knew there was no going back now.

"Perseus, there is an entire army waiting outside. I am aftaid that this wil be a greater war than all the others you have lead. These wizards and witches need you. You can help them survive until help comes." She said to him. It sounded like she was feeling bad for him.

"I don't know how I am going to do this.. last times I had my friends that helped me. Others who were trained and equipped with weapons that could actually kill them. Magic doesn't work... I can't fight them all alone." Percy said in all honesty.

"I know.. that's why I have sent word to both camps. They are getting ready for battle as we speak. But it will take time to get them here. You need to stand your ground until they arive." She told him.

Percy looked up. There was hope for them all if what she said was true. If they were comming.. if she came here.. they would definitely have a good chance.

"Thank you Hecate. I promise to do everything I can to hold them back." Percy said. She smiled.

"I believe in you Perseus Jackson. I will try to explain to Zeus what is going on. I hope he will grand your father more space." She said before vanishing. "You have little time. Use it well."

When Percy raised again he was determined to hold the army back. He had to try. At least until his friends arrived.

He let out a deep breath and walked up to the front of the hall. He looked at Dumbledore for a second, he nodded slightly.

"Students. Listen to me carefully." Percy called to the students. "I want the students in their 1st, 2nd and 3th year away from the battlefield. I don't care how good or brave you are. Luna, can I ask you to escort the students the room of requirements?" Luna stood up. "Nevile, will you help her? And please stay with them to make sure they are kept safe?" Percy asked.