15. Old enemies

Percy returned to his friends and got asked what was going on. He just told them he wanted to ask Percy how he was liking it here.

They followed their classes and Percy got some concerned looks from the teachers.

He knew his friends didn't believe him.
Percy ignored it all and just followed the classes and did his homework after.

Percy finished dinner early and told the others not to wait up for him. They gave Percy a confused look but nodded and Percy left the Great hall.

He already got his stuff. Daggers, his shield watch and his pen. He was dressed in normal clothes. Denim jeans, a shirt and a vest over it.

He walked up to the edge of the forest. There was a woman standing in the shadows. Percy grabbed the pen in his pocket but relaxed when he saw her face.

"Jackson, are you ready?" She asked.

"I'd rather go alone. I don't want you to get hurt. These monsters love to see others in pain.." Percy said looking at Professor McGonagall.

"Not a chance Jackson. I won't interrupt anything unless you say so. They won't know I'll be there." She said determined.

Without a warning she turned into.. a cat.
Percy looked at her confused. He smiled.
This way she is swifter and less noticeable. Percy relaxed a little.

"Let's go." Percy said. Together they walked into the woods and left the school behind.

Percy didn't want to say it out loud but he didn't really know where he was supposed to go. He just walked around blindly and hoped that they would smell his scent.

Percy looked around. But so far.. nothing.

After almost half an hour of walking Percy heard something. He stopped walking and listened.
Professor McGonagall looked at him.

It was like a branch snapped behind them.
He thought he saw something move. He was about to check it out when in the far distance there was a roar.
Percy took a deep breath. This was bad.

He turned to the professor cat.
"Professor, this is too dangerous. You need to go!"

The cat slightly shook her head.
She looked up at the big trees and started to climb up.

Percy was glad she was out of sight. But still.. this monster is way more dangerous than just two empusai.

He walked forwards and kept his hand in his pocket. Hand gripped around Riptide. Ready for her.
He hoped...

After waiting a couple seconds he felt her comming close. She could probably smell him.

Percy saw something big move behind the trees.
There was another roar and ther she was.

The Kampê.

Her batwings were expanded. The animals around the belt were scary as always. And the air. The air around her felt like it turned into acid.

Her snake hair hissed at him.
She eyed Percy with a lot of hatred.

Percy quickly uncapped Riptide. The golden glow lit up and the weight felt comfy in Percy's hand.

Percy took a deep breath of clean air before charging the kampê. He entered the poisonous air and it immediately began to sting his eyes.

He dodged a poisonous sword and swung Riptide.
Percy slashed at the stomach of the Kampê. But it didn't seem to do much damage.

Percy didn't see her scorpion tail in time.
He got swatted away. Percy landed a couple feet away against a tree. He hit the tree with a sickening crack.
A wave of pain and dizziness crashed over him.
She was comming over to him. Fast.